Mediapotal can't detect analog channels (1 Viewer)

spawn1980

November 16, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a Vixs pure tv-u 48b0 dual tuner and I just installed meadiaportal ans I was able to scan digital channels but when I try to scan analog it hangs at channel 1 source cable and stays there.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome spawn1980 :)

I'm afraid that in this case I am not able to guess the problem without logs. Thankfully grabbing and posting logs is really easy:

Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki

Note:
    - I'd like it if you could use option 3 "export all currently present logs" instead of option 1. That will create the zip file I need on your desktop immediately.
    - the watchdog tool throws a fit if you haven't created a MediaPortal configuration yet, so make sure you run MP configuration at least once (I'd recommend that you select "advanced mode", then click OK and OK again) before you use the watchdog.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

That certainly helped alright :D
    Only problem is I'm not sure that you're going to like my answer. I saw an issue very similar to this with a Vixs tuner about a month ago. The thread is -->here<--. Basically the deal is that for some reason the tuner driver just locks up when it is asked to tune. I don't know if that is because of issues in the driver or our code doing things in a way that the tuner driver doesn't like, but the net result is not good.

So what can we do?

Well, I have a few ideas and suggestions.

First thing I'd suggest is to try the DLL that I posted in that thread just to confirm that you are seeing the same issue. Note: that DLL is meant for MP 1.2.0, however it *might* also work with 1.2.1. If it doesn't then I can provide a new one when I get home from work.

Second: try different versions of the drivers for the tuner. If you're using the default Microsoft driver then go to the manufacturers website and download and try the latest driver from there. If you're already using the latest driver, try to locate an older one.

Third: I have an idea about a code change that might be required for supporting this tuner. If other drivers don't work then we can try that.

Fourth: if worst comes to worst we will need to try and contact Vixs to see what the issue is.

Let's hope we can work together to get the tuner working. :)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread