Microsoft MCE Keyboard, layered volume buttons (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
A very nice feature of this keyboard is that you can program your TV or amplifier's volume buttons while retaining the ability to use the default behaviour by holding Shift when you hit the volume keys.

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
Smirnoff, do you know if the additional buttons are going to be supported in MP 2.0? Onmine, most of the buttons at the top don't do anything; My Pictures, My Music, etc.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
The majoriy of the shortcut buttons should work out of the box, however I did have to add support for My Radio and My TV (Live TV works okay) and possibly one other button that I can't remember right now.

The changes should be present in the recent CVS builds for the past two weeks or so and will also be in 0.2 when it is released.

If the problem persists create a support thread and we'll see whats going wrong for you.

Cheers,
Smirnuff.

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
Thanks for the info. You're right, out of the box, *most* buttons work. I've been avoiding CVS builds (WAF) so I'll wait for 0.2 final.

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
:(

No luck. It crashed at the splash screen. Had the foresight to back up the original so everything's working again. That's OK, I can wait for 0.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
Replies
Views
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
Replies
Views
Fixed. This happen only if you use MadVR. Backup and copy core.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal core.dll based on 1.31 final MediaPortal version.
Fixed. This happen only if you use MadVR. Backup and copy core.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom