[Music] MIDI playback (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MIDI (.mid) files are very popular and supported by most media players, even my pocket PC can play them. I wish I could play them in MediaPortal as well.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What's the problem?
    just configure the midi extensions as a valid musi extension in Configuration and you're able to play it.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hwahrmann:

I tried that already and I started the following thread because I was not able to play MIDI files in Media Portal:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/midi-mid-files-playback-60920/

I am getting the following error message on three different Windows XP computers:

Unable to play : test.mid
    Audio codec: MIDI

Chris in the thread above suggested that MIDI format is not supported by MediaPortal. I am glad to hear from the Developer that it is supported.

So this is the problem. If MIDI is supported, could you help me to resolve it?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well it is supported, but only on my side.
    There is a plugin file for BASS needed, which is not part of the release.
    i have it in my plugin directory, because i was testing the support of different file types a long time ago.
    somehow i didn't commit it, so it is not part of the distribution.

i'll sort out a small problem that i found and make sure it'll get delivered with MP 1.1.0.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This would be just great, thank you very much!

Could you also check on .kar files which are in fact midi files with kakaoke text inside. I installed the "Karaoke for DirectX" filter from here: SourceForge.net: Karaoke for DirectX: Files. I can see the video, but there is no audio.

.kar files require same midi parser codec, I believe.

.kar files are also very popular due to their small size. I have a huge library and I hope to find a way to play them in MP.

The Karaoke for DirectX filter is an abandoned open source project, but the filter itself is amazing! It supports all major karaoke formats: .kar, .lrc and .cdg. The source code is there and I hope somebody could take it over and imbed into one of the future versions of MediaPortal.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    kar files are supported as well.
    Changes are in the product and will become available with the 1.1.0 release.
    look here for more details

Users who are viewing this thread