Migration from AMD 690G to 780G (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No picture on HD, and also happens with SD
Did you change the Mhz setting of the GPU in the BIOS?
If I use default [500 Mhz], no issues at all for me.
Anything else (I tried 800, 900 and 2000 Mhz) no SD and HD picture in mediaportal.
Could this be your issue?
I use 512 Mb for the GPU.
This is for F5 bios and catalyst 8.5

Tried 8.6, but gave blue screens and a lot of unwanted behavior.

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
Det GPU is set at auto/default or whatever, havn't changed it. I've only tried different memory configs. With F3 bios I had to manually set the RAM to 800mhz, since it was detected as 677mhz, but with the F5 bios it was automaticly set to 800mhz

I have a 4050E cpu.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Det GPU is set at auto/default or whatever, havn't changed it. I've only tried different memory configs. With F3 bios I had to manually set the RAM to 800mhz, since it was detected as 677mhz, but with the F5 bios it was automaticly set to 800mhz

I have a 4050E cpu.

I think you are talking about the memory speed right? 667 or 800 MHz?
I also have 800 Mhz memory, left that on on auto.

I mean the "VGA core clock control" witch is disabled by default and then on 500 MHz.
If i put that one one something else no SD and HD picture in mediaportal, but i still can see normal windows XP.
Hope this helps.

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
Yeah, the VGA clock is on default. I'm using vista though. Tell me does HA work with WMR in XP ? or only EVR there too?

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah, the VGA clock is on default. I'm using vista though. Tell me does HA work with WMR in XP ? or only EVR there too?

Upgrading to vista SP1 as we speak. :)

Upgraded to vista SP1. Works great! MP starts quicker and the whole PC is quicker.
Also have analog 5.1 sound now (using 16 bit 44.1 kHz as default output), superb.
Don't have to install like 100 patches, like I was used to for XP.
The standby isn't working for me at the moment[see below], giong to try the standby tool tonight.
Hopes this helpes.

1 small issue that i didn't have using XP.
If i look to a random channel and press a button (e.g. The guide button), the picture stutters.
Looks like it want to show desktop.
I know its much nicer then the XP one, but I prefer not to see it when watching MP.

Search the form for something called MCE tool (at work so can't remember exactly). This might help diagnose suspend/restart problems - but shouldn't be used alongside PowerScheduler I believe.

EDIT: See this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ol-0-9-69-native-mp-support-24166/#post155485

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a little update....

After reading about a few issues with the current SVN, I've tried using a tool called Hibernate Trigger rather than upgrading MP. With this, I run a bat/cmd file to kill MediaPorrtal (pskill) and stop TVServer (net stop TVService) on suspend and start them both up again on resume. Seems to be working. I'll keep this until the SVNs stop talking about stuttering HD TV etc, and then I'll try MP without this hack.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a little update....

After reading about a few issues with the current SVN, I've tried using a tool called Hibernate Trigger rather than upgrading MP. With this, I run a bat/cmd file to kill MediaPortal (pskill) and stop TVServer (net stop TVService) on suspend and start them both up again on resume. Seems to be working. I'll keep this until the SVNs stop talking about stuttering HD TV etc, and then I'll try MP without this hack.

Cool keep me updated. :D

This is a ATI HD Registry Tweaks for HTPCs:
    ATI HD Registry Tweaks
    Worked superb in XP for me, going to try tonight on Vista.
    Current CPU load with SD ~10%, with HD ~40%. Hope that this can be reduces to ~20%.
    Will inform later.:)

Dexx

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    My Gigabyte 780g board running winxp sp3 was running fine. DVDs, xvids, hd rips, hd-dvd disks (via powerdvd) all played fine. Then i updated to the cat 8.6 drivers and powerdvd complained that my display is not HDCP compliant. Adding anydvd resulted in blank video when using PowerDVD. So ive downgraded back to cat 8.3 drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom