Migration from AMD 690G to 780G (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Finally got my stuff and I must say, works great.
Only this is that I don't watch any HD channels at the moment.
Going to watch HD football tonight.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok, looked at the dutch channel "Nederland 1 HD" witch broadcasts in h.264. Picture quality is superb. Use Catalyst 8.5 with f4 bios and 512 Mb used. Use powerDVD 8 ultra. With "enable HW" in powerDVD setting, media portal hangs after 1 minute. If I uncheck, the CPU does all of the work, ising 80 ~90% CPU power on both cores. Sometimes the picture stutters. But MP is NOT hanging.

Really impressed with the picture quality, but I hope in can let the GPU do the work.

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
I just upgraded to catalyst 8.6 (out today) and the computer hardlock when trying to playback a file with EVR (not limited to mediaportal, but system wide)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
OK, also tried 8.6 drivers, but got a blue screen after a couple of minutes. Reverted back to 8.5 and installed MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-22-2008 17-10h - Revision:19453.rar. Now works great even with hardware acceleration on in PowerDVD. CPU load 20% so very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My setup:
BIOS: F4
catalyst 8.5
MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-22-2008 17-10h - Revision:19453
PowerDVD 8 with hardware acceleration on
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I'm dead jealous but pleased for you. :D

I'd love to get h/w acceleration going with this thing.

What is your reception like? I've often wondered whether my problem was because my reception is not good. I think this is displayed in the tv.log in the tv-server logs directory.

As for my setup, I've got it suspending, and waking up but every time it wakes up, I get an unable to start time shifting problem.

I used the MCE Tool test/reset a few things, removed that and am relying on PowerScheduler. I've tried a few tweaks (re-initialise card for my Nova-T 500 etc.) Next up is an upgrade to the latest MP SVN but I ran out of time yesterday.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi, I've upgraded from 690g to 780g mainly for HD purposes. It's working good except when resuming from standby I sometimes have problems with MP. It won't start and if I try to manually start it nothing happens. Task manager shows it as running though. Anyone else has something similar? I may have been a bit naughty and not reinstalled Visat just plugged my old drive back and loaded the new drivers, do you think I'd be better off with clean install of Vista? As a side note my Imon VFD doesn't work from s3 standby sometimes either so think there my be a usb issue too!

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A clean install would probably be best. Use the 8.5 catalyst drivers from Advanced Micro Devices, AMD - Homepage.

Check you BIOS settings, then Vista power management etc. Be methodical. I pulled out much hair until I realised that I'd missed an MP setting which says "Wake up server for various events" in TVServer's PowerScheduler configuration. :oops:

Search the form for something called MCE tool (at work so can't remember exactly). This might help diagnose suspend/restart problems - but shouldn't be used alongside PowerScheduler I believe.

EDIT: See this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ol-0-9-69-native-mp-support-24166/#post155485

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom