Not open for further replies.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i dont really care about the silly zalman remote as i use the MCE2005 remote control and remote keyboard =)

just the VFD display on the front...and thanks!

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Mini Display Plugin

than be carefull - couse it will bring u double remote singnals couse 2 IR-reciever Diods are in use ...

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm currently getting a delay on my display of around 5 seconds. This is further increased when I replace the TVPlugin.dll with the one for 4TR.

I first thought that it was 4TR so I killed all the processes and removed the .dlls from the plugin directory but I still have this 5 second delay on my Mini Display.

Any tips?

bigboss97

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, this setting resets itself after each reboot :-(

I went back to my iMON manager and found the automatic setting. Now the VFD shows clock, weather, news etc. when MP is off and it shows all MP information when MP is running.

my Antec-Veris VFD (the first i bought and use) shows me the time and the date in off-modus -
    & when i have MP on ... all the MePo information that i want.

the Coolermaster just go "blank/off" ... :(
    only when MP is running - it shows all MP relavant things...

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008

Isn't it possible to run Minidisplay Plugin without the need to install the IMon applications?

The old externaldisplay.dll runs fine on my Antec Fusion VFD - without any Imon applications running in the background. I have to copy it manually into the Mediaportal directory as the installer always deletes it. I am using the "Soundgraph iMon VFD USB Driver 1.0" within the externaldisplay plugin. The Minidisplay plugin does not have this driver. The provided "iMon VFD/LCD" driver in the Minidisplay plugin does not work on my VFD even if I force it to use the old "SG_VFD.dll V3".

g0rsq

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

I am having slight problem with MiniDisplay with 4TR.

I do not know what the issue is, or where the solution lies, so hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.

When navigating TV guide, Minidisplay shows corect selected program information no problem.

When I select a TV program to watch, MiniDisplay shows incorrect channel (first channel watched always)

If I then go back into TV guide and re-select the channel i am watching and ENTER it again, the MiniDisplay updates correctly with correct channel and program information.

When the program i am watching ends and next program starts MiniDisplay does not update with new program information, I have to go back to TV Guide and ENTER current channel again, and Minidisplay updates program information!

Also if I press "INFO" on remote, I get empty LOGO space, and no data. If I press Keyboard "Y" I get good LOGO and information, and MiniDisplay updates its self with new information correctly.

it looks like MiniDisplay is not recieving updated information from 4TR unless "Y" is pressed, or channel is re-selected from guide.

This is small problem as when watching Live TV MiniDisplay always showes bad information (MiniDisplay is perfect with every other screen).

I do not know if this is MiniDisplay problem, StreamedMP skin problem or 4TR problem.

4TR developer thinks fundemental problem is MiniDisplay does not connect directly with 4TR, bit via MediaPortal and skin.

Can someone guide me to where problem is?

Can MiniDisplay developer talk to 4TR developer to improve communication betwen these two great applications?

Thank you in advance

Peter

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,
    i have a question about minidisplay behavior in MP 1.1.
    If i wakeup the system manually, the display switch on as expected.
    When my system wakeup from standby for a scheduled recording, the display remains off no matter if i do some useractions. This is the same like in MP 1.0.2, but with 1.0.2 when i use the remote and do some useractions, the display switch on.
    Is this a bug?

EDIT:
    -Mediaportal is configured to "Restart on resume"
    -Minidisplay is configured to "Monitor power state events"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom