Not open for further replies.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Re: AW: Mini Display Plugin

You have to use 7.77 since the later drivers won't work with MP at all.

Ian.

niels37

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    guys, try IRSS that will work out of the box for nearly all imon users !

Simone

Hi all,

I have tried and tried to get display and imon remotye to work..............well.............i worked a year ago until ik wanted to update my machine MP etc etc.............not working anymore ( although i used the exact setting i used to do) .
    Till i had heard of IRSS.................... let me tell you...............if you want everything to work .............get IRSS and some reading of IRSS if you want things to adjust .

Niels --------> thx again Simone ;-)

shlomiassaf

Portal Member
    December 31, 2010
    Hi guys,

Finally got this thing working, installing 7.77 did the trick! THANKS A-LOT!

The 7.77 dosent support Unicode, only 7.85 which is not working with MP.

I saw an option called "Custom Characters" in the "Configuration Editor" which seems a custom font editor or something using an interger bit`s to describe an 8x8 character font.

I searched google for this, about 2 hours, nothing found there on how to use it.

I would like to create a custom character and then use the "Character Translation" to replace the latin fonts I see with my native characters...
    The iMon uses the old original US- ASCII table...

But I dont know how this works and how I can tell "Character Translation" which "Custom Character" to use...

Maybe I am totally wrong, can someone help? I couldnt find any document about this feature.

Thanks ALOT!
    Shlomi

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I saw an option called "Custom Characters" in the "Configuration Editor" which seems a custom font editor or something using an interger bit`s to describe an 8x8 character font.

I searched google for this, about 2 hours, nothing found there on how to use it.

I would like to create a custom character and then use the "Character Translation" to replace the latin fonts I see with my native characters...
    The iMon uses the old original US- ASCII table...

But I dont know how this works and how I can tell "Character Translation" which "Custom Character" to use...

Maybe I am totally wrong, can someone help? I couldnt find any document about this feature.

Thanks ALOT!
    Shlomi

I am also trying to use custom characters on my MiniDisplay, but have not found a way so far. Chemelli coudl not help either and the original programer is gone. Maybe somebody could figure it out from the source code?

shlomiassaf

Portal Member
    December 31, 2010
    I have VFD that came with Thermaltake DH101.

I checked "Use Custom fonts" in advanced driver settings and edited the custom font.

It works now.

Also since my lang is RTL I had to patch the DLL to reverse the order of the letters if my langauge unicode values are within the string.
    (patch because the source code has version 1.2 of minidisplay which wont fit to 1.1.2, but using IL patch it works...)

Boogieman

Portal Member
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Mini Display Plugin

You have to use 7.77 since the later drivers won't work with MP at all.

Ian.

Hope this helps me out too - have not managed to get mini display working on my Silverstone GD01MX with iMon version 7.89

FOR 7.77
    ----------
    I found a much faster downloadlink (from sweden at least) for version 7.77 - see link below (downloading now myself and filesize seems right)
    (300 Kb/s instead of soundgraphs SLOW 20-45 Kb/s)

:: GM Corporation Ltd :: PC Case & PowerSupply

Regards
    Boogieman :D

Danguard

Portal Member
    October 6, 2007
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello,
    I am an owner of the Antec Fusion Case and you can imagine my issue.
    i would stuck to the 7.77 version, but sadly, using Windows 7 64bit, this is a no go for me as reported in this topic: Imon 7.77 and wmiprvse.exe - Soundgraph Forums
    It's a bug in that version keeping the wmiprvse.exe using 40% of CPU for no reason :mad:

So i have to choose between
    1. Using the LCD with minidisplay through the 7.77 version and having my HTPC with a 40% minimum load (and it's not a good solution)
    2. Not using the LCD at all

I choose the 2nd option, since the first is way worst. I even uninstalled Imon since i'm totally fedup with it and i'm using a wonderful MCE Remote to do everything i need, it has even backlight when my room is dark! :D

So now.. my point is:
    Since i don't use Imon Remote PAD and all i would like to have is the LCD back in action.. and incredible but true, Soundgraph released the API for the display.. when Minidisplay plugin will be able to use it? That would be for me the only reason to install again Imon Manager, really i don't mind at all about their remote, i just want to see the LCD! :(

Thank you for any information you can give me. :D

Bye.

Gian Luca.

steini89

Portal Member
    December 21, 2009
    AW: Mini Display Plugin

Simon, as I have understood, you are the developer of this plug-in. Whether you want to make so that a variable "_IdleTimeout" could be adjusted by a configurator, instead of had the constant value equal 5 seconds?

is this option possible now? (I use the vfd display)

Boogieman

Portal Member
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am on
    OP: Win 7 x64 (home premium edition)
    MoBo: Gigabyt 790FXTA-UD5
    CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 3GHz (45W)
    RAM: 4 Gb low latency RAM
    GPU: Sapphire HD5770 (cooler exchanged to TR HR03 Rev.A modded to fit the case - desoldered and moved in holder)
    HD: 80 Gb Intel X25-M SSD
    Silverstone GD01-MX (grandia) with LCD and iMon pad

So, now I have installed ver 7.77 and the display is working.
    The remote is working as well in MP, BUT (the big one):
    since I use MPC-HC (Media player classic home cinema) to view movies in MP (since it is superior to the built in player) I have a HUGE problem.

As soon as i try to control MPCHC the focus moves to MP (and MPCHC is hidden but keeps playing).
    Thus i can not control the movie in MPCHC.
    Even worse i have to alt-tab back to MPCHC to continue watching the movie.
    When i close MPCHS manually (with keyboard) all the remote commands are dumped in MP and sometimes hangs it.

Is there any way to have support for multiple apps like in the original iMon tool?
    I have set up remote profiles for MP, MPCHC (32bit) and MPCHC (64 bit), but this only works when i start it from iMon (not minidsplay - since minidsiplay seems to only use an internal profile with focus on MP ONLY).

Please give me a clue how to work this out...i have tried all options (even ticking of "keep MP always on top" in MP config and all other things I can think of but it just wont work to support both MP and MPCHC as internal player from MP when minidsiplay is started.
    Of course i can shut down MP and have minidisplay exit iMon and have iMon restart it, then MPCHC works but then i have no use of MP as enterinment system :)

There is also a bug when you look on tv series (on the HD) - you see TV series - click it - then you should se series in the display but you dont - after selection series you can again see the chapters. Would be nice to also being able to se which series that is currently selected.
    No biggie though since you often look at the TV when you scroll through - just a bug tip :)

Otherwise i love the minidisplay app.
    Makes it possible to listen to music withhout TV on for example even though it could be better set up for this - like expanding the 2 rows to 3 and show currently selected song and song before and after that selection. With a small font that should be possible.

Hope that the MPCHC request will be fixed in upcoming version - as well as support for newer releases of iMon that work a lot better than the 7.77 with regards to both memory consumption by wmiprvse.exe and I also saw CPU-power that I havent thought of but i will take a look next time.

Thx
    Boogieman

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom