Not open for further replies.

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ciao Chemelli!
I've a problem with the plug in, I cannot make my display to work!!!
I always used the mcedisplay plugin (you can find it here attached) and all the status information were displayied correctly.
Since I've updated MP to 1.2b the mcedisplay plugin it's no longer supported, so I tried to configured the minidisplay plugin but with no luck!!
I've tried several configuration from the one listed... it seems that only the mce compatible display configuration has some effects on the display: eg every action I take in MP the display seems to receive an input but it always displays "MCE HOME" on the first row and the time on the second.
The display is 2 row and 12 column, I don't know them type.... It's the display on the acer idea.
Any suggestion?? Help?

Thanks!
G.

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ciao Chemelli!
I've a problem with the plug in, I cannot make my display to work!!!
I always used the mcedisplay plugin (you can find it here attached) and all the status information were displayied correctly.
Since I've updated MP to 1.2b the mcedisplay plugin it's no longer supported, so I tried to configured the minidisplay plugin but with no luck!!
I've tried several configuration from the one listed... it seems that only the mce compatible display configuration has some effects on the display: eg every action I take in MP the display seems to receive an input but it always displays "MCE HOME" on the first row and the time on the second.
The display is 2 row and 12 column, I don't know them type.... It's the display on the acer idea.
Any suggestion?? Help?

Thanks!
G.

No one can help me??
If you need further information or any kind of log just let me know!!
Anyone know how to found out the vfd type\model\manufacturer???

Thanks!
G.

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
@Gianlk
i have found lcdproc for your version of VFD here
Your Vfd is "Wistron Corp. eHome Infrared Receiver"
and linux topic Mythbuntu on Acer Idea 500 / 510 [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums

Cdt

Ok, Thanks!!
and do you know how could I make it to work in MP with mini display plugin?
With previuos MP version I used the mcedisplay plugin from Dalton that worked (not all the feature like volume, equalizer... etc, but file name, tv channel runtime were ok).
Thanks a lot!
G.

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
have you tested with "MCE compatible Driver" in Minidisplay plugin ?
Before i think you must install VFD driver Acer Europe - Service & Support, Drivers & Utilities, Downloads, Desktop, Acer Aspire iDEA 500 and try.
I can't help you more !

Yep,
I have the acer driver installed, and it works with MCE.
The mce compatible driver in minidisplay seems to be the only one that "blinks" my VFD, but just blinking... the information remain the same:
Line 1 MCE HOME
Line 2 current time

Thank anyway!
I hope someone can have a solution for me!

G.

brian_damage

Portal Member
June 16, 2008
Err... confused.... Updated today, no remote API? What ?!

iMON Manager To Do List - Soundgraph Forums

iMON Manager To Do List

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Release Target] Jul. 27, 2011 (Not Fixed)
1. [Bug Fix] Sometimes Media Player Classic Home Cinema information is not displayed.
2. [Bug Fix] When watching TV with Media Center during TV recording, TV information is not correct (Reported By Flying Kiwi)

[Release Target] Not Fixed
1. [New Feature] Update iMON Display API
2. [New Feature] iMON sub apps (App Launcher, Task Switcher, timer, ...) apply Touch Frame UI
3. [New Feature] Virtual Keyboard Update (localized layout)
4. [New Feature] Text based track time display on UltraBay and ODM/OEM LCD
5. [New Feature] Backward Text Scroll in Right to Left Language on UltraBay and ODM/OEM LCD
6. [New Feature] 2-line text information display on UltraBay and ODM/OEM LCD
7. [New Feature] Text scroll speed option on VFD
8. [Bug Fix] In some systems iMON crashes after boot (Wininet.dll issue)
9. [Bug Fix] Display problems after waking up or in Away Mode (Media Center TV recording related)
10. [Bug Fix] When logon with remote desktop, multiple instances of iMON.exe are running (Problem on display)
11. [Bug Fix] When playing DVD with PowerDVD9 plug-in in Windows 7 Media Center, DVD Menu button doesn’t work well

Revised at June 29, 2011

OMG! They've actually released the remote API today!

iMON Remote Control API - Soundgraph Forums

Paging Chemelli! Paging Chemelli! Please report to the thread! :D

(Ooh- I'm actually quite excited! I hope this API does something useful)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Revised at June 29, 2011

OMG! They've actually released the remote API today!

iMON Remote Control API - Soundgraph Forums

Paging Chemelli! Paging Chemelli! Please report to the thread! :D

(Ooh- I'm actually quite excited! I hope this API does something useful)

If I'm not mistaken, this means we are going to have native imon remote support (as imon pad or MCE remote) in MePo very soon? Therefore, no need for IRSS, etc? Am I right? Will the imon remote buttons be fully customizable in MePo?

I'm using Antec Micro with a Harmony remote configured as imon pad.
Thanks and looking forward to see the news!

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    If I'm not mistaken, this means we are going to have native imon remote support (as imon pad or MCE remote) in MePo very soon? Therefore, no need for IRSS, etc? Am I right? Will the imon remote buttons be fully customizable in MePo?

Nope, we won't add any support to remotes on MP itself. We will improve IRSS to handle all iMON firmwares. Take care that anyway IRSS will be the only solution for all remotes on MP2.

Simone

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Nope, we won't add any support to remotes on MP itself. We will improve IRSS to handle all iMON firmwares. Take care that anyway IRSS will be the only solution for all remotes on MP2.

Simone

OK, I understand now. Can you please explain what will be the benefit of this? I'm using IRSS at the moment together with MiniDisplay plugin, and I'm almoust completely satisfied (most of the problems are key repetitions, especially BACK, but I think it is related to Harmony settings). Right now, I'm stuck how to map the color buttons in MP plugin to eg.: green=Moving Pictures).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom