[MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 18/05/2012) (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Marduk65, is there any chance of you updating the skin files to the the latest 0.5.0 version? Thx for all the great work so far by the way!

Come on Marduk - please do it one more time... ;)
    It seems that v0.5 will be a final version without an update every two weeks...

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi All,
    here are skin files for this Mod for the last stable 0.5.0 revision of WW plugin
    I apologize for the late in this release, but in the last couple of weeks I've spent all of my free time in developing my new complete skin for Mediaportal (very hard and intense job). Now I'm very close to complete and pubblish it, but I don't want to miss my last contribution for the wonderful skin StreamedMP, so I've found today a little bit of time to update this mod.
    I've done and tested it very quickly, so I do hope I've not missed anything (remember to copy media files into the zip file and all media files of WorldWeather plugins in StreamedMP media folder, and clear cache before lauch Mediaportal).

Ciao

Attachments

• Screen1 - Hourly Condition view.jpg
      Screen1 - Hourly Condition view.jpg
      145.4 KB
    • Screen2 - Graphic Condition view.jpg
      Screen2 - Graphic Condition view.jpg
      117.3 KB
    • GA_StreamedMP_WorldWeather_5.zip
      90.9 KB

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you! looks good and most functions are working but i got some problems with you skinfiles.

1. I only got 3 Days of forecast inside the weather overlay at the homescreen..i tried wetter.com and yahoo as provider
    2. i cant see any images inside the graphical view...should these images already exist inside media folder? i couldn`t find it inside your zip file.

cheers, legnod

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank you! looks good and most functions are working but i got some problems with you skinfiles.

1. I only got 3 Days of forecast inside the weather overlay at the homescreen..i tried wetter.com and yahoo as provider
    2. i cant see any images inside the graphical view...should these images already exist inside media folder? i couldn`t find it inside your zip file.

cheers, legnod

Hi legnod,
    for point 2 you have to copy WorldWeather media files in SteamedMP media folder (in attached zip file you can find them).

It's not clear for me your first issue; for homescreen do you mean streamedMP main menu? if yes it is not managed by my mod but by basichome.xml file of stremedMP and you have to use StreamedMP Basichome Editor to enable 5 day summary.
    In any case this mod is for 0.5.0 revision of WW plugin, so wetter.com is not supported because, if I don't make a mistake, it has been added in last svn 0.5.1 release of the plugin.

Cheers

Attachments

• WorldWeather_Media_Files.zip
      5.7 MB

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the reply and the image files...most of them weren`t in my ww image folder. i copied the files into the ww media folder and can see now some images inside the graphical view but not all icons in all rows are displayed (screenshot) . after changing the weather provider two times and i got my forecast as it was before...dont know how this could happen by changing skinfiles !?

ww_graphical_view.png

should the icons always be displayed or just if i activate the images for pressure, Humidity....?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since for me the images were pretty small I modified the skin so that they are now almost screen filling.
    For those who want to try just replace the skin file with the attached one (keep the old one in case you don't like it).
    Currently I just changed the properties for the cover-flow view.

Attachments

• WorldWeatherImage.xml
      31.1 KB

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here a StreamedMP skin for normal and hour condition view. It is for 0.5.4 nightly build from the 18th of May. So it supports wetter.com 7-day forecast.

The normal view is an improvement from marduk65's one. Thanks for the original!

PS. It seens to work also for 0.5.4 (Nightly Build 2012-05-21).

You have to add
    Code:
    <control>
        <description>default group</description>
        <type>group</type>
        <id>0</id>
        <dimColor>ffffffff</dimColor>
      </control>
    to the end of the references.xml before </controls>. Or you take the references.xml from under this post.

Attachments

• 17-28-31.png
      17-28-31.png
      1.3 MB
    • Image1.png
      Image1.png
      2 MB
    • WorldWeatherGraphicCondition.xml
      100.2 KB
    • WorldWeatherHourCondition.xml
      109.9 KB
    • references.xml
      28.6 KB
    • WorldWeather.xml
      156.1 KB
    Last edited:

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Someone might contribute the necessary files in order that the functions WorldWeatherGraphicCondition, WorldWeatherHourCondition and WorldWeatherAstronomy are enabled under the skin StreamedMP version 1.8.0.3157 and WorldWeather 0.6.0.0

Thank you very much

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    when I installed WW (which I did several times over the last 2 years:mad:) the list of sources for the satellite images and weather maps was always empty. I don't know if this is by default or if it is a bug. Maybe I'm too impatient or too stupid ;-) to read the manual. I today have a working WW with this StreamedMP-Mod but I do not have any of the satellite images. Could someone please explain to me how to fill all the url entries for the satellite images/weather maps? If the linked urls are stored in a xml-file (which I assume) maybe someone could provide me the part of the xml-file for Germany in central europe? Thanks a lot!

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have just updated WW 1.0.0.0 and under the skin STREAMEDMP I do not obtain the sight It tells the history; WEather Underground's key is correct so with the skin for fault if that I view the graph, which certainly I it consider to be a bit poor and untid, I do not know if my file will be bad, but it is unloaded of the correct forum. Does it design someone? Thank you

Attachments

• WorldWeatherHistoryCondition.xml
      20.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom