Most popular DVB-S2 card used by Mepo (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what you all use for a DVB-S2 card and what the most popular card that works with Mepo seems to be?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Iceman,

Quite a few people seem to have TBS cards. I have a TBS6980 ( earlier version of 6981) DVB-S/S2 card and it has been absolutely flawless. Channel change is quick, installation is painless and it is very stable. I have been so impressed with them that my next two cards are going to be the TBS6984 and TBS6284. :eek:

There also seems to be discussions between TBS and our own MP devs relating to stability improvements etc which is great to know. TBS also have a users forum for any problems that may occur, again, a useful place to post problems and get resolutions.

See what others say, but it is TBS for me (y)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a TBS 6981 and a Hauppauge nova-t dvb-t pci card working together. Well at the moment I've turned off the hauppauge card in the tv server, while all the channels get shifted around, but still using that card it for the remote control. I'm thinking of ditching the hauppauge card altogether at some point, as I haven't missed it and the signal I get through the TBS card has been faultless after setting it up.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I think it purely depends on where you are in the world...and which brand is available.

Hauppage seems to be available in most places.....Blackgold is more UK (and some Europe)...... DigitalDevices is more Europe (less UK)....

J.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Thanks guys. I have now gone for 2 x Hauppauge HD S2 cards for a new system I am building up purely because I couldn't get my hands on a dual tuner card at the time and at the right price. I'm testing 1.3.0A on my laptop with a USB Freeview adapter and so far so good so I hope that once I complete this build that everything will play ball on the new system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black bars to MediaPortal when playing videos that didn't conform to a strict 16:9 ratio, I suppose. Thanks to everyone for the patience and help, I can finally enjoy videos fully.
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black...
    I'm running MePo in 1080p to my 4K TV (because my Intel NUC HTPC ain't powerful enough to run in 4K) and for some videos, I see...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
    Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
    Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
    Replies
    Views
    Well that would make sense :) But I’m using mosaic. I should have disabled anything related to MePo 1, TV Service is stopped. I also found this setting: Automatic Maintenance, It was scheduled for 02:00 and wake up the PC I have disabled this now. So lets see.
    Well that would make sense :) But I’m using mosaic. I should have disabled anything related to MePo 1, TV Service is stopped. I...
    Is there a way to see what caused the start of the PC running Mepo? Is there also a way to see what stopped it for going into...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom