Mouse Cursor is always present (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good news and perhaps for everyone.

Apparently the issue is related to a Microsoft update.

After the Windows Updates of last week the problem disappeared for me.

Except for reinstalling the MP-TVSeries plug-in - as requested but which did not help - I did literally nothing with my HTPC.
    After updating Windows with last week (Tuesday) patches (there were a lot) - which I did yesterday - the mouse pointer is gone again.
    I cannot explain it.
    Perhaps the binary of MP-TVSeries was compiled against a new version of a library/dll in Windows that just recently got pushed to the desktops.

Make sure you update your Windows, reboot and see if the problem persists.

Sadly the mouse cursor issue has raised its head once again, I have done all the windows updates, uninstalled tvseries plugin and reinstalled from the extension installer, used mediaportal 1.11 now onto mediaportal 1.12 pre release.
    @Sebastiii i will try your bin files in the next few days.Maybe the issue is related to waking the PC from sleep/hibernation, as I only get this issue when my PC resumes from its sleep state?

It's possible that it happen after resume but please log :) and hope you can try V2 and V3 :p

jan.schreibe

Portal Member
    January 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here we go for V3 bin :)
    And always, log (debug mode).
    Thanks.

Hi,

sorry, forgot to switch to debug. Good News: I installed V3 and it seems to fix the mouse cursor problem for me! Before V3 i had it 100% every time i started my rig, did two reboot now and both times i had no problem anymore!

Thank you so much!

Kind regards

Jan

Logfiles (Debug mode enabled) for V3 attached.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for V3 bin :)
    And always, log (debug mode).
    Thanks.

Hi,

sorry, forgot to switch to debug. Good News: I installed V3 and it seems to fix the mouse cursor problem for me! Before V3 i had it 100% every time i started my rig, did two reboot now and both times i had no problem anymore!

Thank you so much!

Kind regards

Jan

Logfiles (Debug mode enabled) for V3 attached.

Thanks m8 :)

That's a good news, i will look the log.
    So i will integrate this into my own use to see if it trigger some something wrong or not.

ryan1

Portal Member
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can also confirm that 1.12 pre-release with your v3 mediaportal.exe file eliminates the mouse cursor, even after multiple reboots and hibernations.

If others confirm this also, hopefully you can merge the changes you made into the final release of 1.12

(y)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sure :) it all is ok like it's a bugfix, it can go into 1.12 Final :)
    For now i notice a very little regression, so i will upload a new V4 version that fix that and i would like to know if all is ok on your side (guys).
    The regression ws if we start to move the mouse, the cursor didn't show up directly (for the one that use the mouse) but it's a very little regression and we can keep it like that if it's solve your issue :p bu who knows maybe V4 will be enough too.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for V4 :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal_mouse_test_v4_1.12_pre-release.zip
      502 KB

Sebastiii