Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
filtering is a really cool improvement
when i finish encoding all my movies (+ my Blu-rays and HD DVDs), I'll have more than 1000 movies in moving pictures so filtering is kind of a blessing for me :)

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Would it be possible to implement a 'Not to include' filter? For eg, I have a few music concert DVD's that I have changed the genre to 'Music concert', I would like to be able to choose on my all movies filter to 'not include music concert genre' instead of having to add each DVD manually. Awesome work tho !!

BuzzD

Portal Pro
April 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Great work, guys, I'm really impressed!

One question concerning filtering: Is it possible to filter movies depending on their directory on the harddrive (e.g. filter between 720p/1080p/SD, which is my filestructure on the hdd)?

THX,
Commander Keen

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can filter using video format (which would give you the same result without having to sort your files on your HDD)

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Would it be possible to implement a 'Not to include' filter? For eg, I have a few music concert DVD's that I have changed the genre to 'Music concert', I would like to be able to choose on my all movies filter to 'not include music concert genre' instead of having to add each DVD manually. Awesome work tho !!

Moving Pictures Configuration - GUI Settings - Modify Filters Menu - Add an empty menu item (name it as "Only Films" if you want) - Add Filter - Add criteria - Genres - does not equal - "Music concert" - Ok.

You can include this rule as a category if you want.

Hope this helps you. Regards,

Aitor

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

One question concerning filtering: Is it possible to filter movies depending on their directory on the harddrive (e.g. filter between 720p/1080p/SD, which is my filestructure on the hdd)?

THX,
    Commander Keen

First try the solution mentioned by max_nates.

If there is another reason to filter on directory, you can do it like this:
    Open Moving Pictures configuration
    Go to GUI settings
    Click on Modify Filter Menu
    Then Create a new Top level entry with your own name
    Then create a menu entry under it for each folder
    Edit each one and specify the applicable Full Path filter

nokmond

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Moving Pictures Configuration - GUI Settings - Modify Filters Menu - Add an empty menu item (name it as "Only Films" if you want) - Add Filter - Add criteria - Genres - does not equal - "Music concert" - Ok.

You can include this rule as a category if you want.

Hope this helps you. Regards,

Aitor

Awesome mate - just needed to add 'does not equal' to my 'all movies' filter and job done! Cheers pal.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

THX,
    Commander Keen

First try the solution mentioned by max_nates.

If there is another reason to filter on directory, you can do it like this:
    Open Moving Pictures configuration
    Go to GUI settings
    Click on Modify Filter Menu
    Then Create a new Top level entry with your own name
    Then create a menu entry under it for each folder
    Edit each one and specify the applicable Full Path filter
    Filters cascade down so you dont have to create an entry for each sub item. Just create a top category folder called whatever you want and use the Full Path "starts with" or "contains" filter as rekenaar mentioned. This will cascade down to any categories under the top folder.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom