Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Any ideas about the missing menus buttons? I've found at least one other poster who appears to have the same issue here (although he worked around it, and so have I, I feel there's some supposed-to-be-there functionality missing)
AS of right now the menu buttons have no use. The only button that was working was the "Change View" and the same functionality can be reached by using the "info"-button on your remote - you then gets a Dialog box with the option to change views.

I actually havent seen the buttons for some time, don't know if it's because I changed skins or if the updated skins just don't have them anymore. No reason that they were there, anyway, since it was just a bit confusing that there were some buttons that did absolutely nothing.

Probably their funtionality will be added at some point, and then they will revive in the skins :)

Johnny-D

Portal Member
August 11, 2006
I actually havent seen the buttons for some time, don't know if it's because I changed skins or if the updated skins just don't have them anymore. No reason that they were there, anyway, since it was just a bit confusing that there were some buttons that did absolutely nothing.

Probably their funtionality will be added at some point, and then they will revive in the skins :)

A-ha, that'd be it then! Cool, I thought they were functional, but if not I don't mind hitting F9 ;-)

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow thanks for the quick reply, but that isn't what I mean. I've attached an example. (Edit: Image shows backdrop neutralising 'blank stars', which makes it look like it's got 6 out of 6 stars, instead of 6 out of 10.)

Any ideas about the missing menus buttons? I've found at least one other poster who appears to have the same issue here (although he worked around it, and so have I, I feel there's some supposed-to-be-there functionality missing)

It appears the greystars aren't being drawn at all. Have you tried different skinfiles to check?
It looks like you're using a 4x3 version of the skin. I know I have included the buttons in my version, someone may chose to exclude them (I find them handy (and promising for upcoming features ;) ))
Edit: saw this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/331016-post471.html post (by Jonaskp)only later. You got your answer already ;)
I do understand your issue though, based on the greystar being hard to see with a dark movie backdrop. A lighter outline would help in this case. I'll see what I can do.

Wouldn't it be good to check if the file already existed in the database, before adding it? I guess it would be an easy task to add a filelocation-field to the database and check if the file exist allready. (Perhaps the field is already there, then the code-change would be minimal)

I think it's not about a check wheter the record is there or not, but simultaneous (write) access to the database. SQLite does not support this.
The logic for all clients is the same:
Changes are picked up by all clients and they try to lock the database. Which isn't supported.
Now I'm not a developer, but this how I understood it.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Wow thanks for the quick reply, but that isn't what I mean. I've attached an example. (Edit: Image shows backdrop neutralising 'blank stars', which makes it look like it's got 6 out of 6 stars, instead of 6 out of 10.)

It appears the greystars aren't being drawn at all. Have you tried different skinfiles to check?
    It looks like you're using a 4x3 version of the skin. I know I have included the buttons in my version, someone may chose to exclude them (I find them handy (and promising for upcoming features ;) ))
    I do understand your issue though, based on the greystar being hard to see with a dark movie backdrop. A lighter outline would help in this case. I'll see what I can do.

Wouldn't it be good to check if the file already existed in the database, before adding it? I guess it would be an easy task to add a filelocation-field to the database and check if the file exist allready. (Perhaps the field is already there, then the code-change would be minimal)

I think it's not about a check wheter the record is there or not, but simultaneous (write) access to the database. SQLite does not support this.
    The logic for all clients is the same:
    Changes are picked up by all clients and they try to lock the database. Which isn't supported.
    Now I'm not a developer, but this how I understood it.

OK - perhaps a future version could be based on a real database like MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or the like ;)

(Oh, just dreaming, I know)

Johnny-D

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    Edit: saw this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/331016-post471.html post (by Jonaskp)only later. You got your answer already ;)

Hi Marvenius, that'd be great, thanks!

In that example it really does look like the stars aren't being drawn at all doesn't it? But I can assure you they are, I think they're done using transparency (correct me if I'm wrong?) and that background just did a really good job of neutralising them. I've posted a better example.

Also I am using the 16:9 skin, I just 'windowed' it in order to take a screenshot... ;-)

Attachments

• No stars 2.jpg
      No stars 2.jpg
      92.6 KB

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Marvenius, that'd be great, thanks!

In that example it really does look like the stars aren't being drawn at all doesn't it? <snip>
    Ghehe, I had to tilt my laptop screen so see the greystars are actually being drawn ;)
    I believe the stars are not subject to any transparency in the skin. It may just be the image itself.
    (firing up GIMP as we speak... Hopefully you will have an outlined greystar later today/tomorrow, depending on RL)

Johnny-D

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    Ghehe, I had to tilt my laptop screen so see the greystars are actually being drawn ;)
    I believe the stars are not subject to any transparency in the skin. It may just be the image itself.
    (firing up GIMP as we speak... Hopefully you will have an outlined greystar later today/tomorrow, depending on RL)

Good times! Thanks Marvenius :)

erkje

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess we can expect 0.6.0 any time now, all issues of 0.6.0 are marked as fixed!

Beavis

Portal Member
    February 13, 2008
    Schortens
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi , first great plugin:)

i have a question, is there a possible way in futurure release to search other movie sites for other language descriptions ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom