MP 1.1.0 alpha supported? (1 Viewer)

rich110

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I know this has been asked in another thread, but I don't think it got an answer. Can X-Factor (in its current form) be used ok with MP 1.1.0 Alpha?

Cheers, Rich

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

The skin is not prepared for the Alpha release. I'm currently working on this. I won't be releasing anything before 1.1.0 is released but will make sure that when it is released I will release xfactor soon after to support it.

best regards
    cul8er

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cul8er,

In order to get as much bugreports related to MP1.1(a) or skin sorted out, I do think it is good to support it already. Atleast, thats my view on this.
    I have a couple of questions about this.
    -Current 225 build of X-factor with MP1.1a; -Is it functional? -What are the things which are (expectedly) not working?
    -Is mp1.1a so much different skinning wise?
    -Are you going to create a new stand-alone skinpack for 1.1?
    -And if so, is it backwards compatible with 1.02?

My personal opinion is that without good working skins I dont think that many users will try the 1.1alpha. (atleast I wont go there if the skin sucks, I want X-factor :) )
    And I think this by itself will/can slow down the development of MP1.1

Thank you in advance for sharing your thought about this. And ofcourse, thank you for x-factor. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom