MP 1.13 Crashing after exiting (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The last few times I have exited MP, it crashes after exiting.
Can someone have a look at the logs and tell me whats happening please? And how to fix it?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [2016-01-23 15:32:37,413] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml' is denied.
    For some reason MediaPortal is attempting to write into this path. However, mediaportal.xml should be updated in the C:\ProgramData... path. There should be no copy of this file in the program path. So the question is what you did to have it there?

A work around would be to allow access to the file copy in the program path - but that's not how things should be.

I noticed that you are running an experimental 1.13 version. Maybe that's the reason.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Erm, I have no idea what I did to have it there?

Should I just upgrade to a stable release? Will that fix it perhaps?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A stable version should run ok. At worst, if there is no copy in the user path, it will be created when opening the config and closing it with OK.

You can verify this yourself by opening and OK'ing e current file with your experimental versioon. Then verify the respective file date/time in the user path. If it has been updated just install a stable version.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    You can verify this yourself by opening and OK'ing e current file with your experimental versioon. Then verify the respective file date/time in the user path. If it has been updated just install a stable version

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by this please?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A virgin Installation has no settings defined and the respective mediaportal.xml is empty. Your current installaiton is weird, yet I assume that the settings are correctly stored in the mediaportal.xml that you can find in the C:\ProgramData\... path rather than in the program directory. Just in case that you might be concerned about losing your settings, you can verify that the version in the C:\Programata path is the one that MePo is using.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

This is strange, the experimental build is based on master and my change is about core.dll (for subtitle and audio part) so no real clue why it happen but like it's master, maybe there is some other branch that trigger this :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try to disable imdb+ ?

From log it seems to be trigger from it or maybe not :
    IMDb.PluginSettings.SaveSettings()

@RoChess any idea ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Really can't reproduce it based on the same build :
    I have take your mediaportal.xml and try to reproduce it on debug :
    Code:
    doc = {[c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\mediaportal.xml, MediaPortal.Profile.CacheSettingsProvider]}
    It comes from plugin exit of imdb+, so all is ok, i don't why it want to use your 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\...' on your side.

Edit :
    In the xmlcache list from code, i can see this :
    Code:
    [3] = {[d:\mediaportal-1\mediaportal\mediaportal.application\bin\debug\mediaportal.xml, MediaPortal.Profile.CacheSettingsProvider]}
    So here it will try to do something in the folder where is mediaportal.exe (so it can act like your 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\...' maybe a track to follow :)
    Will see :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think i know what happen, while debugging, sometimes, plugin doesn't send the fullpath but only the name mediaportal.xml and when it happen, like MP didn't know the path, it replace it with the one along the executable so : 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\...'

I just add a check to detect if it's mediaportal.xml without path and replace/initiate it with the correct path : 'c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\....'

So i will able to provide a bin for this to test :)

Users who are viewing this thread