MP 1.3 Crashing randomly (1 Viewer)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
July 14, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi guys

Since updating to MP 1.3 I have had a few instances of the popup "MP has stopped working"

It has happened on both of my computers and this is the latest log grab.

Any ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

According to the Windows application event log, the latest crash appears to be caused by the MP-TVSeries plugin:
    [collapse]
    "2/01/2016 7:25:37 PM";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    Server stack trace: at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.FieldGetter.performUserFormattingReplacement(String& input) at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.FieldGetter.resolveDynString(String what, DBTable item, Boolean splitFields, Boolean applyUserFormatting) at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.FieldGetter.resolveDynString(String what, DBTable item) at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.Series_OnItemSelected(GUIListItem item) at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.onFacadeItemSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message, Boolean)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(System.Object, System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem+ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(System.IAsyncResult)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(System.IAsyncResult)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

";"1026"
    "2/01/2016 7:25:38 PM";"Application Error";"Application Crashing Events";"Error";"Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.13.0.0, time stamp: 0x566fbdc5 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632da1c Exception code: 0xe0434352 Fault offset: 0x000bd8a8 Faulting process id: 0x1384 Faulting application start time: 0x01d1453d6d107daf Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: 3bb09687-2c5f-4a9b-a916-0245fd8c9b9a Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: ";"1000"
    "2/01/2016 7:25:40 PM";"Windows Error Reporting";"(0)";"Information";"Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: CLR20r3 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.13.0.0 P3: 566fbdc5 P4: MP-TVSeries P5: 4.2.2.2151 P6: 55441b09 P7: 27c P8: 16 P9: System.NullReferenceException P10: Attached files: C:\Users\The Prodigy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6CBB.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MediaPortal.exe_32aa882c369287b3c61786d9a11d4b74fc14bf4_022a585d_01087556 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 3bb09687-2c5f-4a9b-a916-0245fd8c9b9a Report Status: 97 Hashed bucket: ";"1001"[/collapse]

I've moved your thread to the corresponding section of the forum...

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mm

Attached are the logs from my other computer, do they show the same error?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, not at this stage.
    Both errors seem a bit obscure.

For the first: I've never used MP-TVSeries, let alone looked at its code. Therefore I haven't got much hope of figuring it out. You'll have to wait for help from somebody else for this one.

For the second: the cause isn't exactly clear. More information would be helpful. For example:
    • What were you doing when the crash occurred?
    • Is the crash reproducible? (If yes, please provide instructions.)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mm

I was just browsing movies and tv series and no I cant reproduce it, it just happens randomly(about 3 times since upgrading)

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I made a post in another thread where I was getting (and still get from time to time) MP 1.13 stops responding. I am not using the TV series plug-in. I seems to happen when I am navigating the guide and is random and not reproducible on demand..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I made a post in another thread where I was getting (and still get from time to time) MP 1.13 stops responding. I am not using the TV series plug-in. I seems to happen when I am navigating the guide and is random and not reproducible on demand..
    We've been dealing with that issue across multiple threads. Please refer to the link Sebastiii gave you in your thread for a [likely] fix:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-available-bin-to-test-in-first-post.133166/

Note: I'm not making any claims that the above patch will help Glen, as his problem(s) look different, at least to me.

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mm

Well I'm no expert but I don't think TV series is to blame for my latest crash.

I was watching a David Gray concert DVD I had ripped to my HDD which I have had no trouble playing in the past.

When I pressed stop the screen froze the sound stuttered continuously and the mp stopped working popup appeared!

Users who are viewing this thread