MP 1.3 Crashing randomly (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Glen, let's be really clear...

The first set of log files you provided come from "PRODIGY" and clearly reference MP-TVSeries in the crash stack trace. That's why I moved this thread to this section of the forum.

The second set of log files you subsequently provided come from "MEDIA-PC" and do not reference MP-TVSeries in the crash stack trace. When you provided these log files I tried to indicate that I think MEDIA-PC has a different problem to PRODIGY.

The latest set of log files you've provided also comes from "MEDIA-PC" and also do not reference MP-TVSeries in the crash stack trace. As such, it's becoming even more obvious (at least to me) that PRODIGY and MEDIA-PC are likely to have different problems.

Given the shared crashing symptom it's understandable that you'd initially assume that PRODIGY and MEDIA-PC have the same problem, and therefore that it would be appropriate to deal with both problems in a single thread. However, now that it is becoming clearer that you're likely to be dealing with separate problems, it would be my [strong] preference if we could limit the focus in this thread to PRODIGY's problem. Once we find a solution for PRODIGY, you could confirm whether the solution also applies for MEDIA-PC, and if not, start a new thread for dealing with MEDIA-PC's problem. ...or you could just start a parallel thread for MEDIA-PC now.

Well I'm no expert but I don't think TV series is to blame for my latest crash.
    As above: you're right. The symptoms look similar to the earlier log files from MEDIA-PC in so much as they contain an access violation exception when MediaPortal tries to change the refresh rate of your display/screen:
    [collapse]
    [2016-01-03 17:00:24,412] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at MediaPortal.Player.Win32.ChangeDisplaySettingsEx(String lpszDeviceName, DEVMODE_Display lpDevMode, IntPtr hwnd, ChangeDisplaySettings_Flags dwFlags, IntPtr lParam)
    at MediaPortal.Player.Win32.Win32_SetRefreshRate(UInt32 monitorIndex, UInt32 refreshRate)
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS(Double fps, String strFile, MediaType type)
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.OnStopped()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.doStop(Boolean keepTimeShifting, Boolean keepExclusiveModeOn)
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Stop()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.OnActionHandler.Invoke(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.DispatchThreadMessages()
    at MediaPortalApp.FrameMove()
    at MediaPortal.D3D.OnIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args) Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Site : ChangeDisplaySettings_Result ChangeDisplaySettingsEx(System.String, DEVMODE_Display, IntPtr, ChangeDisplaySettings_Flags, IntPtr) Source : Core Stack Trace: at MediaPortal.Player.Win32.ChangeDisplaySettingsEx(String lpszDeviceName, DEVMODE_Display lpDevMode, IntPtr hwnd, ChangeDisplaySettings_Flags dwFlags, IntPtr lParam)
    at MediaPortal.Player.Win32.Win32_SetRefreshRate(UInt32 monitorIndex, UInt32 refreshRate)
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS(Double fps, String strFile, MediaType type)
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.OnStopped()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.doStop(Boolean keepTimeShifting, Boolean keepExclusiveModeOn)
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Stop()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.OnActionHandler.Invoke(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.DispatchThreadMessages()
    at MediaPortalApp.FrameMove()
    at MediaPortal.D3D.OnIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)[/collapse]

Please can you start another thread in the general support section of the forum to deal with MEDIA-PC's problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For PRODIGY...
    In order to confirm that the MP-TVSeries plugin is causing the problem, would it be possible to temporarily disable MP-TVSeries?
    If the crashes are happening semi-regularly then ideally you'd only have to disable the plugin for an hour or two. The logic is that if the crashes stop while the plugin is disabled then you'll know MP-TVSeries is likely to be the cause; if they don't, you'll know it's probably not involved.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have seen many weird crashes with alike log entries for MP-TVSeries and Moving-Pictures that turned out to be MediaInfo, splitter and/or codec related. It tends to help to make sure those are all updated by manually downloading (and use it to overwrite the file in MePo root folder) the current mediainfo.dll (32-bit even for 64-bit OS-es), and update to the latest LAV (or whatever codec/splitter you use).

Of course could be something totally different this time, but it helps to eliminate the basics first.

Users who are viewing this thread