MP crashes on resume after long/overnight sleep (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, MP appears to be up and running OK but as soon as I try to navigate it crashes. More than willing to help with the troubleshooting but I am now away from home till early next week. I will let you know here when I can respond again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, MP appears to be up and running OK but as soon as I try to navigate it crashes.
    In other words, you may well be facing the same GUI sound problem that the team members have reported. Please try the attached patch for MP 1.16. Expect it to reduce - but not completely solve - the chance of crashing on resume. It also adds information to the log file, therefore please attach new log files next time you experience the problem.

Attachments

• GUI sound crash v3.zip
      1.6 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Back at home now but won't be fit for much till tomorrow (shattered). Is this problem confined to the DWHD skin? As I recall nav sounds were not working, possibly from day 1 for this skin but for sure not in 1.16pr which would certainly explain its problem free operation (as reported earlier in this thread) in respect to this issue! Will try the patch and report back with logs if necessary. Let me know if I can do anything else.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is this problem confined to the DWHD skin?
    Not as far as I'm aware.

As I recall nav sounds were not working, possibly from day 1 for this skin but for sure not in 1.16pr which would certainly explain its problem free operation in respect to this issue!
    I've never heard of a skin-specific issue with navigation/GUI sounds. Nor do I recall you mentioning that you didn't experience problems when using certain skins.

In short: your latest reply causes me to wonder whether you've shared all the information about the problem and/or whether I've missed some of the details.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not as far as I'm aware.

I've never heard of a skin-specific issue with navigation/GUI sounds. Nor do I recall you mentioning that you didn't experience problems when using certain skins..
    That is most probably because I never did!!! I have consistantly used the DWHD skin since it was introduced. That is why I asked the question was the problem confined to the DWHD skin since I had not tried anything else long term.:unsure:

In short: your latest reply causes me to wonder whether you've shared all the information about the problem and/or whether I've missed some of the details.
    What I said in the last reply was that I did not experience the problem using 1.16pr, as clearly reported in the earlier posts on this thread, maybe because sounds were not working with the DWHD skin in that version.;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I understand now, but...

...maybe because sounds were not working with the DWHD skin in that version.
    Are you speculating again here, or do you actually know that GUI sounds weren't working with DWHD + MP 1.16 PR?

I understand that you didn't experience the problem with MP 1.16 PR. Unfortunately that in itself doesn't help to narrow down the cause of the problem or get a solution. It doesn't help because the crashing seems to be semi random. If I recall correctly you didn't use MP 1.16 PR for very long, and so in my opinion there's a reasonable chance you simply got lucky.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, I understand now, but...

Are you speculating again here, or do you actually know that GUI sounds weren't working with DWHD + MP 1.16 PR?

:pNot speculation. See here for my full post and this extract:-
    "Way back in Jan. last year I posted a problem that navigation sounds were not working for me
    Here
    It is a year later and I still don't get any skin sound effects, I know, my fault for not following up but I guess other things got in the way. I am now running MP 1.16pr on Win 10 x64 and I'm not getting anything on either my HTPC with HDMI AVR or my Desktop PC, analogue audio. On both PCs I do get skin sound with Titan and Ares skins. I would be good to get this fixed before another year passes, hope you can help."

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    :pNot speculation.
    ...but very possibly specific to your system. ;)
    It's difficult for me to confirm right now (because I'm in the middle of a system recovery/upgrade), but I'd be very surprised if GUI sounds don't work in DWHD for everybody.

So to be clear, when it comes to DWHD...
    GUI sounds were only not working in MP 1.16 PR?
    They now work again in MP 1.16 [final], and they previously worked in MP 1.15 or whatever earlier versions you previously used?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...but very possibly specific to your system. ;)
    It's difficult for me to confirm right now (because I'm in the middle of a system recovery/upgrade), but I'd be very surprised if GUI sounds don't work in DWHD for everybody.

So to be clear, when it comes to DWHD...
    GUI sounds were only not working in MP 1.16 PR?
    They now work again in MP 1.16 [final], and they previously worked in MP 1.15 or whatever earlier versions you previously used?

DWHD sounds did not work for me with 1.16pr and all previous released versions (per my original report in in the DWHD thread on Jan 2016). :mad:
    DWHD sounds are working for me now with 1.16 final.
    Given the response I got to the second report of no sounds posted in the DWHD thread in Jan 2017 , quoted below, it does appear, to me at least, that the lack of sound in the DWHD skin was a general issue, that is not specific to me. Perhaps @catavolt would clarify.

I will use the ones from Titan - as a workaround you may copy them from there - will update DWHD in the next release MP 1.16 Final ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom