MP-TVSeries-2.1.3318 (UAT) Build available (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just going through my database. I deleted "Two and a Half Men" Series because it only found episode s00e01. I can't reimport it no matter what I do. I didn't chose "Hide", I chose "Delete". It finds banners but apart from that seems to totally ignore the series and all episodes.

I've tried every combination and trick I can think of, including moving the entire series out of my collection, re-running the import with the flag unchecked to keep episodes that it can't find, moving the series back in, and running the import again. No luck. No matter what I do, it ignores it. Clearly it must have some sort of internal flag set to ignore this series, but there's no way to clear that flag.

This anomaly appears similar to the other one I mentioned previously - that it still returns errors in the log about episodes that I've already renamed, such as

"\\server\tv\top gear\season 05\s03e05 - .PDTV.XVID.REAL-BAJSKORV.AVI could not be matched online, check that the online database has this episode" (I've already renamed this to "s03e05 - correct episide name.avi")

I checked the bug reports and there's no bug listed for this. I assume it must be a bug? I'm happy to create/log this but wasn't sure if I should yet.

Currently I'm using the manual episode importer, but with 5 seasons to go through, this an incredibly long winded approach. When I re-run the importer, it finds all the episodes I've manually imported, but doesn't mention any of the others.

After I manually imported S01e01, the series appears in the list, but looking at the values for that series there isn't anything set to ignore the series:
    ScanIgnore = 0
    Hidden = 0
    Online Series ID = 72227 (correct)
    GetEpisodesTimeStamp = 0
    UpdateBannersTimeStamp = 0

I can't afford the several days it would take to delete and re-import my entire (7000+) collection because I'm on a slow internet connection. Is there some database utility I can use to delete whatever entry/flag is in the db?

Cheers

Dir

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Late night feature request...

In some future version of the plugin, would it be possible to remove logo-/formatrules from the Plugin configuration and just load them with the skins? I know fforde has this planned for MovingPictures (when it gets logo support) and it would be very nice for the end user not having to open configuration just to see the correct info/logos per skin.

When going into Display control, the plugin sees what plugins are installed and automatically scans the root folder for "Aeon 1.3/rules/", "Blue3/rules", "StreamedMP/rules" etc. And an option to override this with your own rules/logos?

Emph
    Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

In some future version of the plugin, would it be possible to remove logo-/formatrules from the Plugin configuration and just load them with the skins? I know fforde has this planned for MovingPictures (when it gets logo support) and it would be very nice for the end user not having to open configuration just to see the correct info/logos per skin.

When going into Display control, the plugin sees what plugins are installed and automatically scans the root folder for "Aeon 1.3/rules/", "Blue3/rules", "StreamedMP/rules" etc. And an option to override this with your own rules/logos?

Emph
    Emph

It a good idea, do you want to add a feature request on the issue tracker. I was thinking of that recently, will put some further thought into it later.

Damien

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Emph
    Emph

Real good idea if you ask me.. Nice thinking E..

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

When going into Display control, the plugin sees what skins are installed and automatically scans the root folder for "Aeon 1.3/rules/", "Blue3/rules", "StreamedMP/rules" etc. And an option to override this with your own rules/logos?

Emph
    Emph

It a good idea, do you want to add a feature request on the issue tracker. I was thinking of that recently, will put some further thought into it later.

Damien

I've corrected my proposal above (in bold) but it seems like you go it anyway. Could you please add it to the tracker, or do I need to register to add it myself?

Emph

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Not sure if this is plugin related:
    Start MP -> enter tvseries, some show ->
    Update media info for one episode, go to another show (or same show) and update media info for another episode. -> It will now have the same media info as the first episode you updated, same with all files you try o update thereafter.
    Using mediainfo 0.7.7.8.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Not sure if this is plugin related:
    Start MP -> enter tvseries, some show ->
    Update media info for one episode, go to another show (or same show) and update media info for another episode. -> It will now have the same media info as the first episode you updated, same with all files you try o update thereafter.
    Using mediainfo 0.7.7.8.

My main advice, don't use 7.7.8 in testing ltfearme found a memory leak and other quirky things, best to use 7.7.7;)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Hi,
    reading through the bugs fixed in this latest release, I don't see any mention of the ones I've logged a few posts back. I'm not sure if they're bugs or just something I'm doing wrong since I'm a new user, so I'm hesitant to log them in the google thing just yet. I notice that nobody's commented on them either, which usually means the problem's on "my end of the keyboard".

I'm happy to take scolding, just not sure what total silence means in this case.

To reiterate, the problems seem to be:
    - unable to import an entire TV series, possibly because it's been previously deleted (not hidden) and is now flagged as such internally, and
    - the importer is throwing up minor errors about episode filenames that don't exist any more, indicating that it's got them in the database somewhere but there's no way to see them and delete them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom