MP-TVSeries-2.1.3318 (UAT) Build available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    reading through the bugs fixed in this latest release, I don't see any mention of the ones I've logged a few posts back. I'm not sure if they're bugs or just something I'm doing wrong since I'm a new user, so I'm hesitant to log them in the google thing just yet. I notice that nobody's commented on them either, which usually means the problem's on "my end of the keyboard".

I'm happy to take scolding, just not sure what total silence means in this case.

To reiterate, the problems seem to be:
    - unable to import an entire TV series, possibly because it's been previously deleted (not hidden) and is now flagged as such internally, and
    - the importer is throwing up minor errors about episode filenames that don't exist any more, indicating that it's got them in the database somewhere but there's no way to see them and delete them.

dir, can you attach a tvseries.log and error.log of you using this latest test release. Also if you are having problems importing series please also attach your database and I will take a look at possible reasons why its not working.

Thanks

dantx25

November 19, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does anyone have newzbin search working?

After downloading the very latest test build, "newzbin this" actually spawns a window. Always returns no results, but it's progress.

Now what I need is a url to feed to the plugin.

Say you want to search for "test" this is the search url generated on nezbinz.com:
    Code:
    http://www.newzbin.com/search/query/?q=test&area=-1&fpn=p&searchaction=Go&areadone=-1
    What should I replace "test" with in the "Newzbin Search url" field to get the search to work?
    Does anyone have a working search string? Is there are wildcard to pass that the plugin will recognize?
    If theres a better place to post this, please let me know. Thanks.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The news, torrents and subtitles downloaders are somewhat of a blackart. I myself have never used it except once to fix a subtitle bug. I will make it my mission to understand it a bit further and fix any issues I discover. Im sure all of it works and the key is in down to the configuration.

Damien

dantx25

November 19, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thats what I figure, it really feels like the guts are working, im just not smart enough to feed it the right search url or something. I'm sure there are much squeakier wheels, but I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Norwegian translation

Hello folks!

I weren't satisfied with the current Norwegian translation, so i made a new one featuring the most common Norwegian language (Norsk Bokmål).

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I've installed the SVN. However my episode thumbs are not shown but they are downloaded to my hard drive! I don't understand it.

Pls see attachment

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I've installed the SVN. However my episode thumbs are not shown but they are downloaded to my hard drive! I don't understand it.

Pls see attachment
    did you make sure your settings are correct?
    You need to enable the download of episode images. They are disabled by default.

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Yes, it is selected, the thumbs are also downloaded on my harddisk..
    D:\MediaPortal\MP_thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\House\Episodes

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well, you probable changed something 'cause that ain't the default path to the thumbs.
    usually it's set to
    c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\thumbs\... for XP
    c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\thumbs\... for Vista

then again, I never altered the default paths so it may or may not work. I would however suggest trying with the default paths.

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Noo.. that can't be it; it may not be it !
    Now I'm downloading all the TVSeriesBanners again, let's see what that gives.

edit:

I re-downloaded the thumbs, they appear in the configuration; but not in MediaPortal!! GRR what the f*ck's wrong

edit2:

When I select "alternative image loading" I get to see the season banners! But still no episode thumbs or logo's.

edit3:

I've reinstalled mediaportal, reinstalled the plugin and rebuilt the database and the problem stays... does it have something to do with a windows vista setting or so? It's driving me crazy!

developer: pls help

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom