MP-TVSeries-2.1.3318 (UAT) Build available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    Have been using both 2.0.3216.28043 and 2.0.3235.17630 and have the following bugs:
    Any reason why the attached log is of you using v2.0.0.0 and not any of the above mentioned versions?

Damien

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Not sure. Here's a timeline of what I did:

- installed MP RC3, and installed TVSeries v2.
    - had problems a couple of weeks ago, and installed that latest svn linked in this thread.
    - the crashing problems disappeared. Have been running fine.
    - noticed that my new TV series wasn't appearing in my listings, so went into the configuration program.
    - ran the imports, ran the parsing, etc. which didn't help. Tabbed over to the About screen - it shows 2.0.0.0.
    - I went to this thread, re-downloaded the latest svn version, and copied the 2 files into plugins\Windows, and the language files into the language directory.
    - re-ran the configure thing, and tried imports again. No change. Also, the About tab still shows:

Version: 2.0.0.0
    Built: 5/04/2008 11:56:22 AM GMT

Here's the version info of the MP-TVSereis.dll sitting in c:\program files\team media portal\Media Portal\plugins\Windows: 2.0.3235.17630

Running XP (MCE 2005)

Perhaps the log shows version 2.0.0.0 but it's the same log used throughout the above, so the version changes later.

I've just run it again this instant with an empty log file, and it still shows 2.0.0.0:

21/11/2008 9:27:54 PM - MPTVSeries Version: 2.0.0.0
    21/11/2008 9:27:54 PM - MPTVSeries BuildDate: 5/04/2008 11:56:22 AM
    21/11/2008 9:27:54 PM - Successfully opened database 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3'.
    21/11/2008 9:27:58 PM - Found and loaded 2 User Formatting Rules
    21/11/2008 9:27:58 PM - **** Plugin started in configuration mode ***
    21/11/2008 9:27:58 PM - No LogoRules found!
    21/11/2008 9:27:58 PM - Loading Translations for en(us)
    21/11/2008 9:27:58 PM - 64 translated Strings found
    21/11/2008 9:29:32 PM - Cleaning up cached, generated Logos

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was wondering if you could automatically build and release svn version when new commits? That would allow to test last versions. I know i could checkout but that would mean install visual and i dont want to do that on my htpc.
    You will also need the API Key to correctly compile, don't know if this would be possible (anything is possible so perhaps desired...)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    WOW....
    Ok, found the problem. When I put the new .dll in, I renamed the current one to "Copy of MP-TVSeries.dll" (Actually, that's what Windows renames it to when you do a copy).

What I didn't realise is that when you enter Configuration.exe and select plugins, it must open every dll file in the \plugins\windows directory before displaying the list of plugins. I was selecting the first MP-TV Series plugin in the list of icons, which was pointing to "Copy of MP-TVSeries.dll".

Once I deleted this file, it now opens the correct .dll. The About page now shows v2.0.3235.

That would explain why the crashes were no longer occurring within Media Portal - because MP must open the correct dll, not the copy.

Will re-try the issues and update my previous post on what's truly a bug on this new version.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    WOW....
    Ok, found the problem. When I put the new .dll in, I renamed the current one to "Copy of MP-TVSeries.dll" (Actually, that's what Windows renames it to when you do a copy).

What I didn't realise is that when you enter Configuration.exe and select plugins, it must open every dll file in the \plugins\windows directory before displaying the list of plugins. I was selecting the first MP-TV Series plugin in the list of icons, which was pointing to "Copy of MP-TVSeries.dll".

Once I deleted this file, it now opens the correct .dll. The About page now shows v2.0.3235.

That would explain why the crashes were no longer occurring within Media Portal - because MP must open the correct dll, not the copy.

Will re-try the issues and update my previous post on what's truly a bug on this new version.

Be advised that not even changing the extension from .dll to .backup or whatever works. MP loads every single file in the folder anyway. So if you're testing out a new version of ANY plugin, move the old one to your desktop or something.

Emph

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I would also appreciate to have a newer build available to get rid at least the known problem with the crash...

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i second that, better to have new build now to take care of as much as posible than wait till all is fixed.
    i believe some of my crashing is this plugin.. tho im not sure hehe..

Any way thanks.. still love the plugin, its bad ass :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I will release a new public test version early next week.

Damien

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom