MP-TVSeries-2.1.3318 (UAT) Build available (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgulled

Portal Pro
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Just wondering about something in this plugin... Does it show whether some specific series are complete or not by checking if all episodes are available on the HDD? If not, what do you guys think of implementing something like this?

I'm asking this cause I normally download stuff when they are out but I only watch the show when all episodes are broadcasted and it would be nice to know, inside MP, if a specific series is fully downloaded (according to some info about the season episodes total count or something).

What do you all think?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Unfortunately there is no field on the online database that indicates if a Series/Season is complete or not (or atleast nothing that im aware of). If there was this could be integrated into the plugin.

Nazgulled

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Why not, like I said, get the total number of episodes listed on the database? I know that the database is constantly being updated and the total number of episodes may not be the correct/final one but it would serve as some sort of basis as a workaround...

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why not, like I said, get the total number of episodes listed on the database? I know that the database is constantly being updated and the total number of episodes may not be the correct/final one but it would serve as some sort of basis as a workaround...

I think the "show all episodes" function fills this need.

The TVDB is not complete anyway. There are to many errors/in-completions and work-in-progress to be able to do this in a good way.
    I think it will only be an annoying info. You know that a series is complete, but someone has entered some stupid special as episode 99, and it's still shown as incomplete.

It's a great idea, but as long as this info is so far from exact, it will be just one more thing that slows things down

:sorry: for being so critical

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think the "show all episodes" function fills this need.
    What exactly does it do? Haven't had the time to test the plugin yet...

It shows all episodes in a series, the ones you don't have is marked.
    There's even a function to integrate with torrent/newzbin and download missing episodes.
    Don't ask me how, I haven't got it working but,,,
    You can enable the "show all" option by pressing F9(info) and go to options

Nazgulled

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Thank you. I'll have to look into that when I get the time to install the plugin...

I'm just undecided whether to go with MediaStream or StreamedMP as my default skin... :/

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you. I'll have to look into that when I get the time to install the plugin...

I'm just undecided whether to go with MediaStream or StreamedMP as my default skin... :/

Well, same, same, but different! Both are clones of the same XBMC skin.
    StreamedMP has come a bit longer and...
    The teams behind TvSeries/Moving Picture/StreamedMP seams to be very close and that makes the integration very tight.
    Mediastream CAN be just as good but I can not see the marketplace for two XBMC-Mediastream clones.

Nazgulled

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    What bothers me in the StreamedMP skin is that I don't really like the basic home screen, prefer the normal one. But I can only configure the menu items and their text labels on the basic home, if only I could that to the normal home, it would be nice...

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What bothers me in the StreamedMP skin is that I don't really like the basic home screen, prefer the normal one. But I can only configure the menu items and their text labels on the basic home, if only I could that to the normal home, it would be nice...
    Of course you can do that with the regular home as well you just have to use MP plugins configuration. I think most plugin support that you can rename it (I know that tvseries and moving pictures have it), except the ones included with MP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom