MP-TVSeries v2.1.3331 (Stable) Build available [13-FEB-09] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry to say. but it looks like your database is cactus or atleast one of the series in the db is! About the only thing you can do is Delete your database or narrow down the series and delete that.

In future builds, I will see what I can do about fixing or automatically clearing and re-creating tables.

Yeah, I just did that, seems to be working ok now. However, I'm configured with my database on a network share which more than likely causes db corruption as I sometimes get a error when I shut MP down. Are there plans for making MyTVSeries db to be more friendly to centralization on a main server?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have uploaded the final release v2.1.3320, its up now on Google Code and has been submitted to MediaPortal.

I will create v2.1 maintenance releases if need be, so you wont have to wait until v2.2 to fix anything critical that pops up.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Damien, just tried out 2.1.3320 and it is working FANTASTIC for me! I love the new options/tabs in Configuration. I LOVE that Fanart is working. I ADORE all the new layout variations, only I can't decide which one I like the best :) Top notch job! Thank you so much for the incredible, tiime consuming work you have done on TVSeries.

I've only found two little things.

1. In your Blue3Wide skin files (which I am using on 4:3 to test and it still looks pretty good, you should do a skin!) the left/right arrows lose focus. I know it is because they are defined for menus which don't exist in your Blue3Wide xml, but you have to keep hitting arrow buttons to get focus back! I don't know if there is a solution, but just wanted to mention it.
    2. The Fanart Chooser still refuses to recognize any of my fanart. It keeps saying Available for download, meanwhile it is displaying that very fanart quite nicely! Is it just voracious? And this is fanart that has been downloaded from TVDB and exists in both my fanart original folder and fanart cache folder. Where is the chooser looking?

A couple of things on my wish list:
    1. In TVSeries Configuration, Layout Tab, have the ability to turn off the import of skin settings default for Series view, or some way I can easily switch between layouts (widebanners, list banners, list posters, filmstrip) without having to edit the skinsettings xml every time. (I'd love it if I could do it within MP on the Options Menu just like changing a View!)
    2. In TVSeries Config, Details, have Drop Down lists for Fanart Thumbs and Posters like you have for covers and banners, (to easily select the default if you have random fanart off).

If it's relevant I can add any of the above to Issues on Google Code.

There are a number of isses in the Blue3 skin files Gamejester did which I though he was going to correct for the 2.1 release, but I'll report them to him in that thread :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Dadeo thanks for the feedback.

1. In your Blue3Wide skin files (which I am using on 4:3 to test and it still looks pretty good, you should do a skin!) the left/right arrows lose focus. I know it is because they are defined for menus which don't exist in your Blue3Wide xml, but you have to keep hitting arrow buttons to get focus back! I don't know if there is a solution, but just wanted to mention it.
    You can raise that on the issue tracker and I will try address that in a maintenance release.

2. The Fanart Chooser still refuses to recognize any of my fanart. It keeps saying Available for download, meanwhile it is displaying that very fanart quite nicely! Is it just voracious? And this is fanart that has been downloaded from TVDB and exists in both my fanart original folder and fanart cache folder. Where is the chooser looking?
    What happens if you select a thumbnail to download that you already have fanart for? does it instantly download the file and showing available subsequent times you enter the Fanart Chooser? It only ever sets as available locally if you download it from the chooser. If you delete your database then you will need to do it again for it to remember it. I think it should be enhanced to read if the file is local when loading the thumbnails to avoid the confusion.

1. In TVSeries Configuration, Layout Tab, have the ability to turn off the import of skin settings default for Series view, or some way I can easily switch between layouts (widebanners, list banners, list posters, filmstrip) without having to edit the skinsettings xml every time. (I'd love it if I could do it within MP on the Options Menu just like changing a View!)
    Its on the drawing board for v2.2 ;)

2. In TVSeries Config, Details, have Drop Down lists for Fanart Thumbs and Posters like you have for covers and banners, (to easily select the default if you have random fanart off).
    You can add add an enhancement request on the tracker for this.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You can raise that on the issue tracker and I will try address that in a maintenance release.
    Will do
    What happens if you select a thumbnail to download that you already have fanart for? does it instantly download the file and showing available subsequent times you enter the Fanart Chooser? It only ever sets as available locally if you download it from the chooser. If you delete your database then you will need to do it again for it to remember it. I think it should be enhanced to read if the file is local when loading the thumbnails to avoid the confusion.
    You're right, it does download instantly and changes to Available locally. Sorry, should have checked that. But I agree it should read the file locally to avoid the confusion.
    Its on the drawing board for v2.2 ;)
    :D
    You can add add an enhancement request on the tracker for this.
    Gladly :D

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks for the new release :)
    But i have a problem: i'm not be able to choose "Italian language" in the Online Data Provider section
    Why?
    Thanks
    massimo

Attachments

• TVseries.JPG
      TVseries.JPG
      55.8 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the new release :)
    But i have a problem: i'm not be able to choose "Italian language" in the Online Data Provider section

Looks like the first maintenance release will come sooner than expected. I put up a fix for that in #2.1.3321.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

love the new configuration - great work!
    One issue I've noticed - I enter the main TV Series page, with banners, and everything looks fine; I enter a series and we see the DVD cover of the selected season as it should, but then when I go back to the previous main page with the banners, the dvd cover is still shown in the bottom left under the banner of the selected show - see image attached.

Attachments

• TVSeries.jpg
      TVSeries.jpg
      59.8 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

love the new configuration - great work!
    One issue I've noticed - I enter the main TV Series page, with banners, and everything looks fine; I enter a series and we see the DVD cover of the selected season as it should, but then when I go back to the previous main page with the banners, the dvd cover is still shown in the bottom left under the banner of the selected show - see image attached.

Hi Jeditrav, I did some changes to control visibility in this version which needed to be done to fix a few other faults.

What I would do, is check the TVSeries.xml of your skin by searching for #TVSeries.SeasonBanner and add a visibility property to the control or edit it if there is one already:

<visible>Control.IsVisible(1235)+[Control.IsVisible(1238)|Control.IsVisible(1239)]</visible>

This will show the Season Banner if you are in a List Layout and in either Season or Episode view. You may need to adjust this depending on the mod your using for Aeon but that will work with the default xml.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom