MP-TVSeries v2.1.3331 (Stable) Build available [13-FEB-09] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

love the new configuration - great work!
One issue I've noticed - I enter the main TV Series page, with banners, and everything looks fine; I enter a series and we see the DVD cover of the selected season as it should, but then when I go back to the previous main page with the banners, the dvd cover is still shown in the bottom left under the banner of the selected show - see image attached.

Hi Jeditrav, I did some changes to control visibility in this version which needed to be done to fix a few other faults.

What I would do, is check the TVSeries.xml of your skin by searching for #TVSeries.SeasonBanner and add a visibility property to the control or edit it if there is one already:

<visible>Control.IsVisible(1235)+[Control.IsVisible(1238)|Control.IsVisible(1239)]</visible>

This will show the Season Banner if you are in a List Layout and in either Season or Episode view. You may need to adjust this depending on the mod your using for Aeon but that will work with the default xml.

Worked brilliantly - cheers! :D

p13man

Portal Pro
November 20, 2008
Home Country
images and overlays

(Jeditrav) and /or Itfearme, I've posted this question before but no replies. Is there a way to control the order in which various graphic elements layer or stack? I'm trying to place a glass effect frame over the banners in graphical series view and the genre logos in genre's view. I need to place an overlay on top of the banners but I'm stuck for ideas and sources of information (especially attributes for the various controls/elements). The final effect (on hover or focus) should look like this - if it's possible to do.

34197d1233482332-can-layer-order-image-controls-changed-image_with_focus.png

34175d1233431217-can-layer-order-image-controls-changed-image_no_focus.png

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Jeditrav, I've posted this question before but no replies. Is there a way to control the order in which various graphic elements layer or stack? I'm trying to place a glass effect frame over the banners in graphical series view and the genre logos in genre's view. I need to place an overlay on top of the banners but I'm stuck for ideas and sources of information (especially attributes for the various controls/elements). The final effect (on hover or focus) should look like this - if it's possible to do.

34197d1233482332-can-layer-order-image-controls-changed-image_with_focus.png

34175d1233431217-can-layer-order-image-controls-changed-image_no_focus.png

Hi, I'm not the person to ask - perhaps Itfearme can help...

p13man

Portal Pro
November 20, 2008
Home Country
Hi, I'm not the person to ask - perhaps Itfearme can help...
-
I'm really sorry, Jeditrav to both you AND Itfearme. I copied down the incorrect name. I've edited the post. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    (Jeditrav) and /or Itfearme, I've posted this question before but no replies. Is there a way to control the order in which various graphic elements layer or stack? I'm trying to place a glass effect frame over the banners in graphical series view and the genre logos in genre's view. I need to place an overlay on top of the banners but I'm stuck for ideas and sources of information (especially attributes for the various controls/elements). The final effect (on hover or focus) should look like this - if it's possible to do.

Sorry p13man, not off the top of me head. Maybe you can try the skin forums. Im really only getting started with skinning. Wouldn't it be a matter of just changing the texture for the focused <textureFocus> and unfocused <textureNoFocus> thumbnail?

Count Filipp

Portal Member
    July 12, 2006
    Haarlem
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Itfearme - this plugin is awesome! For me it works without a hitch and I love it!

p13man

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Itfearme:
    Wouldn't it be a matter of just changing the texture for the focused <textureFocus> and unfocused <textureNoFocus> thumbnail?

Unfortunately not. The screen is drawn in the order the code is read (obviously) and the code for the banner images is parsed after the backgrounds have been drawn and so end up in the top layer. What I want to do is have the glass overlay as the top layer and change the opacity of the glass when focused.
    I've been looking at the new implementation, though, which has spawned a few ideas that I'll try out over the next few days. The overlays will have to be referenced by a new control, I think. I was hoping for a quick fix but since when has life been easy?
    Thanks for the reply, though, it's appreciated. I'll head over to the skin development forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom