MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09]

After I watch a show in MP-TV Series my TV goes into a low-powered state immediately after the show ends. Pressing a key on my keyboard resumes the screen to its normal state. However, if I exit the show manually, before it ends, this doesn't occur. Is there any way to prevent this behavior? I have an ATI 5850 connected via HDMI to a Sharp Aquos 46" LCD.

Markam

Portal Member
May 9, 2008
Haarlem
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

I just installed the latest tvseries. I use Monochrome (an older version, I don't like the new one.) and now the episodes I,ve watched are in some gayish blue colour instead of grey. The ones I still have to watch are red (instead of white) and the ones not present are grey(instead of red).

I really don't like it, is there a way to change the colours. I've tries in the xml in the monochrome folder. The colours there are the ones I used to have, but something in mytvseries is apperently overriding it....

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I just installed the latest tvseries. I use Monochrome (an older version, I don't like the new one.) and now the episodes I,ve watched are in some gayish blue colour instead of grey. The ones I still have to watch are red (instead of white) and the ones not present are grey(instead of red).

I really don't like it, is there a way to change the colours. I've tries in the xml in the monochrome folder. The colours there are the ones I used to have, but something in mytvseries is apperently overriding it....

The plugin doesn't set the colours, we only set the state of the media e.g. Watched (uses playedColor) and Remote (uses remoteColor). The Normal state is Unwatched (uses textColor).

The colors can be defined in either references.xml or tvseries.*.xml (the control your after is a facade list control).

T-Dizzle

Portal Member
    April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I'm new to posting in threads so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting my question here. I made a skin from Blue3Wide called Gun Metal Wide by recreating the artwork in the skins Media folder. I assumed that because the xml files are all the same as Blue3Wide that everything would work for my skin. I installed the plugin and Now when opening MP TV Series, I get an error message "wrong skin file". I went into the Blue3Wide skin folder and found 7 TVSeries xml's but not in Gun Metal Wide. I tried copying those xml's to the Gun Metal Wide skin folder and now it works. My Question is, what do I need to change in my skin file so that these files are automatically installed when I install MP TV Series? Thanks for any help.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

My Question is, what do I need to change in my skin file so that these files are automatically installed when I install MP TV Series? Thanks for any help.

The MP-TVSeries installer will only install skin files for the default MediaPortal skins (Blue3 & Blue3Wide). Its typically the job of the skinner to support 3rd party plugins in its own installer so I think if you speak to the author of your skin he/she can have a look at your xmls for inclusion into his/her package.

tgoalves

January 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil

Hello, folks. First of all, let me thank for this awesome plugin, its trully amazing.

But i'm having some troubles when i try to watch some episodes burned in dvds, hope someone can help me here.

When i import the data from the episodes burned in some dvd, i use the option "manual import", because i modify the file name, changing some words to portuguese (since im brazilian). For instance, an file like "Lost - s05e15.mkv" i rename to "Lost - 5a. Temp. - Ep. 15.mkv". That shound't be a big problem with the manual import option, because i can download the information from each episode to the database. The thing is, even with the dvd inserted in the drive (which is properly enabled and marked as "removable" at the plugin options), the episodes inside it are marked in MediaPortal as "not avaliable" (the name of the episode is writen in red), i mean, i can not play it from the "my tv series" option in MP. The only way i can watch it is to go to "my videos" or "play" and open the external video player (i use KMplayer as default video plauyer).

Is there a way to make mp-tvseries recognize my episodes inside an dvd not only at the options, but inside MediaPortal main window as well? Thanks in advance and sorry for my very poor english, i really hope you guys can understand these few words.

PS: I'm using the latest version of MP-TVSeries and MP Ver. 1.0.4.23491, with Streamed MP skin

cyberlolo

Portal Member
    January 30, 2010

When i watch an episode till the end and then close my external player to return to mp, all texts and pictures exept the backdrop are gone. there is no list of episodes, or descriptions of them. i have to restart mp to get everything working again.
    the strange thing is, that if i start a video, and lets say after 5 minutes stop it again, everything is fine. the problem just appiers when i watch for a longer time.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi :)

I name 24 episodes like this:

24.S08E01.04.00.PM-05.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi
    24.S08E02.05.00.PM-06.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi
    24.S08E03.06.00.PM-07.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi
    24.S08E04.07.00.PM-08.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi
    24.S08E05.08.00.PM-09.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi

The plug-in however makes these database entries:

24.S08E01.04.00.PM-05.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi -> Composite Episode ID = 8x1, CompositeID2 = 8x4 (i guess because of the 04.00.PM part) AND Composite Episode ID = 8x4, CompositeID2 = 8x4, E01 AND E04
    24.S08E02.05.00.PM-06.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi -> Composite Episode ID = 8x2, CompositeID2 = 8x5 AND Composite Episode ID = 8x5, CompositeID2 = 8x5, E02 AND E05
    24.S08E03.06.00.PM-07.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi -> Composite Episode ID = 8x3, CompositeID2 = 8x6 AND Composite Episode ID = 8x6, CompositeID2 = 8x6, E03 AND E06
    24.S08E04.07.00.PM-08.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi -> Composite Episode ID = 8x7, CompositeID2 = 8x7, E07
    24.S08E05.08.00.PM-09.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi -> Composite Episode ID = 8x8, CompositeID2 = 8x8, E08

So as you can see instead of the first 5 episodes i get 8. Is there anything i can do in the import parser to fix this?

It could be a problem with other series too.. If the episode name starts with the number..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

The plug-in however makes these database entries:

24.S08E01.04.00.PM-05.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi -> Composite Episode ID = 8x1, CompositeID2 = 8x4 (i guess because of the 04.00.PM part) AND Composite Episode ID = 8x4, CompositeID2 = 8x4, E01 AND E04

The parser thinks you have single filenames with more then one episode, for example "Some Show S01E07-08.avi"

This is because your filenames have a pattern that obviously matches that.

A lot of users (including me) would be unhappy to see that behaviour go away, so unless there can indeed be something done to improve the code part on that, it would probably be a lot easier if you adapt your filenaming scheme for '24'.

Using "24 S08E01 - 04.00.PM-05.00.PM.HDTV.XviD.avi" for example would have avoided that, as the space allows seperation in the expression parsing.

Another way you can solve it, is by adding String Replacements, so that MP-TVSeries does all the renaming for you. For example you can make 24 entries to remove "04.00.PM" and all alike hour patterns (make sure to enable 'before' checkbox). The resulting filename after removal will then guarantee a single database entry.

Use the FAQ otherwise to guide you how to do this.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I would also be sad to see multi-episodes in one file to go away as it's very common. However my multi naming scheme is S01E02.S01E02 which is recognized by importer just fine. At the same time, it would also be hard for me to fix file names as the series were already burned on DVDs :) I'll try replacements now. See where it get's me..

Edit: after adding 24 String replace patterns (12.00.AM to 11.00.PM), everything works! Thanks!

But the last statement stands. If there is episode with name starting with number it'll still be recognized wrong:
    Series.S01E01.10.In.01.Mayday.HDTV.XviD.avi :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom