MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09]

Where i can find the Fan Art Chooser Window?
    In the My TV Series Settings?:sorry:

In the main GUI, select a series and invoke the menu (Press F9 or INFO on the remote). You will see a 'Fanart' option. Use the menu again whilst in the fanart window to see Random Timer option.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

It would be a nice option if MP-TVSeries had an option to rename all the video/movie files on your computer based on the info found whilst importing so that you can have all files named in a universal (user defined) way.

MPTagThat has this option for music files, and this is an option I absolutely love.

Rasputin

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

A parental controlle like in moving picutres would be a nice feature
    where you just mark a Series as parental und you can watch it
    only if you enter a 4 pin code.
    I hate the filter alternative in serienjunkies.

Rasputin

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I've got another question.
    It is possible to change some englisch titles in TV Series such as
    Seson, Duration, Rating in Serien, Dauer, Bewertung, also in german language?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Somethings gone pear-shaped with MP-TVSeries for me.

Firstly, when I import it adds every episode in lower-case, despite them having mixed-case filenames. I'm just testing with one series (Heroes S4) at the moment and it doesn't show the logo in the Banner view, or any episode preview thumbnails or episode info in the Series view. All the images for this series (and the others that I've previously imported) are still present in the MP\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners folder.

It was working. Might have gone wrong when I updated to the latest SVN or the one before. Despite showing all my series correctly imported in MP-TVSeries config, in MP it was completely empty. I updated from MP-TVSeries 3858 to 3859 today and it has helped in that it's now showing episodes within MP, but there's still the other problems so something's not right.

shuck

Portal Member
    July 19, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

thetvdb.com is down, that's why your TV shows aren't importing properly. It seems to always go down on the day that I decide the click "empty database" and rebuild mine. This is twice it's done that now.

Hopefully it will be back up in a few hours. They were switching servers and it never goes as well as they think it will.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Oh that's a relief then. I thought I was in for some serious debugging :)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I am trying to update to latest version, I have downloaded and when I try to run installer it comes up with errors, see attached screen shots:

I take it I can just install this version over old so as to retain settings and watched programs etc?

Reg

Attachments

• TV Series Install error.jpg
      TV Series Install error.jpg
      47.9 KB
    • TV Series Install error2.jpg
      TV Series Install error2.jpg
      78.1 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I am trying to update to latest version, I have downloaded and when I try to run installer it comes up with errors, see attached screen shots:

I take it I can just install this version over old so as to retain settings and watched programs etc?

Reg

Yes, you can upgrade over an old one. It first does an auto-uninstall of the old one to cleanup before it proceeds to install the new version.

From that error, it looks like its trying uninstall the old version which had been cached in the C:\Windows\Installer folder...can you check that file is still there (possibly you accidentally removed it)?

You can also try a manual Uninstall from the Add\Remove Programs (or Programs and Features in WinVista\Win7).

Failing that, I suggest you download the previous version again to repair the installation.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Reg

Yes, you can upgrade over an old one. It first does an auto-uninstall of the old one to cleanup before it proceeds to install the new version.

From that error, it looks like its trying uninstall the old version which had been cached in the C:\Windows\Installer folder...can you check that file is still there (possibly you accidentally removed it)?

You can also try a manual Uninstall from the Add\Remove Programs (or Programs and Features in WinVista\Win7).

Failing that, I suggest you download the previous version again to repair the installation.

Could not find uninstaller anywhere , so reinstalled older version and then newer version over top and all works fine.

Many :D for your suggestions.

Reg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom