MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I've read about it in thetvdb forum. no matter what, thank you.

Cetra

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,

I wanted to check and make sure I wasn't missing a similar feature before I make a request.

I've been replacing a lot of my series files with Blu-Ray rips and in the process the file names are different to indicate the source material is Blu-Ray. The problem with this is it results in duplicate entries in the database and I currently have to go and manually delete the old references. Is there any current way to run a purge scan and delete all orphaned entries from the database that no longer have a valid file link? A bonus would be to also remove any fanart/thumbs that are determined not to be in use anymore.

Mickey2Eyes

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ninja12
    Did you test the iso support and does it work?

I installed the newest version. The iso ist mounted with daemon tools but I still get the old known error:
    "Abspielen nicht möglich: Simpsons S09E01.iso
    Video codec mpeg-2v
    Audio codec ac3

This is the same error I got with the old version which didn´t support iso

Issue 206: Fixed ISO images not being mounted before playing

Iso support added , cool . :D

Mickey2Eyes

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I wrote in the last reply, I still have the problem with playing iso files.
    With the newest version of TvSeries the image is mounted but the error message is the same.
    It seams that TvSeries still trys to play directly the iso file

I took a look at the source code and i think i found the problem in VideoHandler.cs

In line 256 the file is mounted if its an image
    GUIVideoFiles.MountImageFile(GUIWindowManager.ActiveWindow, filename)

but for playing with g_Player the image file is still taken
    g_Player.Play(filename, g_Player.MediaType.Video);

I took a look in Moving Pictures to finde out how its done there.
    If the image file is mounted the path to the image file is read with
    // return the path to the video on the mounted image
    return Utility.GetMountedVideoDiscPath(this.FullPath);

Found in DBLocalMedia.cs in line 550
    Then FullPath is taken to play the video files in image.

Maybe this helps to solve the issue finally :)

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much. finally all the missing pictures of the last ~ 2 weeks are imported.

Wasn't me, was a server issue and has been since resolved. I did have a workaround ready but backed it out once it got fixed server side.

Is thetvdb having problems again? I noticed, that new images I added are not downloaded for perhaps two days. Fanart seems fine, but no new banners, posters oder episode pictures.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you very much. finally all the missing pictures of the last ~ 2 weeks are imported.

Wasn't me, was a server issue and has been since resolved. I did have a workaround ready but backed it out once it got fixed server side.

Is thetvdb having problems again? I noticed, that new images I added are not downloaded for perhaps two days. Fanart seems fine, but no new banners, posters oder episode pictures.

Looks like a delay in processing updates:

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1782

420 series are still awaiting to get processed.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've a question regarding fanart from thetvdb. I've uploaded a lot of fanart in the last months. Another user mention/complained in the forum from thetvdb, that xmbc doesn't download fanart which is set in a foreign language.

The language is set automatically when I upload fanart. I usually don't bother to change it, as long as the series name is not included. So far it was never a problem (I think). I'm not sure, but I think it was not possible to set a language until it was possible to "tag" fanart, when they included the series name. So I never really thought about and just skipped to change the language to german when the series name was not included.

So, does MP-TVSeries as xmbc the same?

Link to the discussion:

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1816&p=7715#p7715

Edit: Coco replied and everything seems to be fine.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've a question regarding fanart from thetvdb. I've uploaded a lot of fanart in the last months. Another user mention/complained in the forum from thetvdb, that xmbc doesn't download fanart which is set in a foreign language.

The language is set automatically when I upload fanart. I usually don't bother to change it, as long as the series name is not included. So far it was never a problem (I think). I'm not sure, but I think it was not possible to set a language until it was possible to "tag" fanart, when they included the series name. So I never really thought about and just skipped to change the language to german when the series name was not included.

So, does MP-TVSeries as xmbc the same?

Link to the discussion:

Online TV Database • View topic - Request Delete Duplicate - Flash Forward (2009)

Edit: Coco replied and everything seems to be fine.

Yep, we ignore the language ID for Fanart. In next version im including a new Artwork type "16x9 Panels". These will basically be the fanart that contains series name, since this contains language specific information the plugin will be checking the language id. It would be great if you do upload fanart containing series names that you use 'english' id if the series name is correct for English.

Currently the thetvdb does not support multiple language ids for artwork. Same goes for all artwork types banners,posters etc.

With the new 16x9 Panels that will be added it will still be possible to have them as backdrops like we currently use fanart for, but these will be downloaded separately like series posters and banners, skinners will be able to use this new artwork type as a foreground image.

Something I haven't decided yet is if the Fanart that contains series names should be completely filtered out from the Fanart Chooser.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be great if you do upload fanart containing series names that you use 'english' id if the series name is correct for English.

That's what I'm already doing. I usually don't like fanart including series names, but when I upload one it's the original name in english, tagged english.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom