MP-TVSeries v2.5.4 Stable Release [01-Jun-2010] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

All older skins should still work, but to support translations they will need to be updated. There has been a few changes in the way properties get pushed to skin which may expose bugs in the skin (I know there was one for Season Title in StreamedMP...which is already fixed).

StreamedMP release will be available soon, just a few more things to sort out first.

So this release is fully operational with the current StreamedMP version (from september, if i recall correctly)? Or are there things not being shown yet?

Yes, its compatible with all skins including StreamedMP

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008

• Improved support for Network Shares when monitoring paths for changes. All mapped shares are translated to UNC paths and are now always picked by File Monitor when changes occur e.g. Delete File, Added File, Renamed File.

How does this work now?

Going purely on what the description states (as I do not use it like this, I can't totally comment on it), it should be the following situation:

• \\Server\\Share_name is maped to Z: drive on a client.
    • Z: is used as import path in MP-TVSeries

So now MP-TVSeries will see "Z:" for what it really is and use the UNC path "\\Server\\Share_name", therefore preventing any problems when that share is not available. I guess the previous code has maybe some bugs, in which the Z: import path was seen as a real harddisk and when share wasn't available it would delete all the database references to it.

I'm sure the developers can eleborate in more details, but that's how I read the description on the fix.

But would be good for you to test your situation, and report it with debug logs if problem still exists.
    I'm willing to test it, no problem. But it would enlighten us all if a developer could comment this before I do that.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Improved support for Network Shares when monitoring paths for changes. All mapped shares are translated to UNC paths and are now always picked by File Monitor when changes occur e.g. Delete File, Added File, Renamed File.
    In the previous build, Folder Monitoring of SMB Shares was not working (or was very unreliable). So if MediaPortal was running and you copied a new file to your Import Path (which was on the network) then the plugin did not recognize that even if you had the setting 'Watch my Import folders for changes automatically' enabled (see picture).

So now the Folder monitor will recognize a new file has been added/changed/deleted without you needed to run a import manually or wait for the next automatic scan.

Attachments

• WatchFolders.jpg
      WatchFolders.jpg
      87.1 KB

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008

How does this work now? Before v2.5.0 MP-TVSeries (MPTV) would update and delete the database if the external hdd (xHDD) was offline. This is because MPTV was fooled in to think that everything on the xHDD was deleted, even though it only was offline. Can I expect v2.5.0 to function like Moving Pictures, i.e. if xHDD is offline the database reamains untouched and doesn't get deleted? Will MPTV v2.5.0 be able to detect wheter if xHDD is offline or not? How does it work now?

Thanks for the update MPTV-team, I really apprecaiate your work.:D

I tested this with following results. MPTV still deletes shows on a removable xHDD when it goes offline. The only way as of now and to my knowledge to stop this is to tick the "Keep reference to files..." option. However when doing so makes MPTV not to alter anything. When a show gets deleted on xHDD the file remains on MPTV GUI.

I'm going to give some tips for guys in my situation. Untick options that automatically updates MPTV, like "Enable local/onlie scan when starting MediaPortal", "Automatically download update data from the TVDB.com every X hour(s)" and finally "Watch my import folders for changes automatically." This way the user can decide when to update MPTV database within MediaPortal by pressing "Run Import", when he safely knows that xHDD is online. The advantage here is that if xHDD were to be offline, the user can choose NOT to press "Run Import" and the database remains untouched. Disadvantage, if the user is not informed that xHDD is offline and he therefore by mistake presses "Run Import" everything in the database gets deleted.

All in all, nothing has changed on this front since previous build(s).

collaborator

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Basel
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey

I set to plugin offer subtitle download if there is none.

Now if the episode does not have subtitle, plugin offers me to download ( Good ! ) but here is the problem

if the episode's subtitle is not available on subtitle websites ; it returns with "No Subtitle Found" and it keeps offering subtitle download.There is no option Play it anyway.

Is it possible to implement something avoid that ?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Now if the episode does not have subtitle, plugin offers me to download ( Good ! ) but here is the problem

if the episode's subtitle is not available on subtitle websites ; it returns with "No Subtitle Found" and it keeps offering subtitle download.There is no option Play it anyway.

That sounds like a bug, can you please raise it in the tracker. It should just play the episode directly after not being able to find a subtitle.

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Kewl to see the new version with subtitle downloader!!:D

The only trouble is that it doesnt work. It tells me everytime "no subtitle found" and i know for sure there are subtitles. I used the implementation from Gibman before this verson and that one worked. Also the screens for downloading a subtitle is overdone. Download..--->retrieve subtitle----->select site------>download. I already selected the sites in config. So the query should use all the sites i selected in config. Should be Download------>show list.

Still many :D

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

Works nicely and subtitles are downloaded properly... TVSeries is officialy perfect...

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I can confirm this.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Also the screens for downloading a subtitle is overdone. Download..--->retrieve subtitle----->select site------>download. I already selected the sites in config. So the query should use all the sites i selected in config. Should be Download------>show list.

Still many :D

I agree with that. With the SubtitleRetriever implementation it didn't ask this, and it shouldn't. It should just check all sources selected imho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom