MP-TVSeries v2.5.4 Stable Release [01-Jun-2010] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

The only trouble is that it doesnt work.

I agree with that. With the SubtitleRetriever implementation it didn't ask this, and it shouldn't. It should just check all sources selected imho.

Did you both try the new subtitle checkbox option under General (bottom right side)? I forgot description and I can't check myself right now, but it relates to the subtitle downloader.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

The only trouble is that it doesnt work.

I agree with that. With the SubtitleRetriever implementation it didn't ask this, and it shouldn't. It should just check all sources selected imho.

Did you both try the new subtitle checkbox option under General (bottom right side)? I forgot description and I can't check myself right now, but it relates to the subtitle downloader.

The only thing regarding subtitles under General has to do with asking whether to download when there is no subtitle available yet. So that's something else.

Cetra

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

This release did correct the very long standing issues I was experiencing with Samba shares and Watch Import Folders enabled where it would kill my ability to browse my shares with MPTVSeries monitoring the share. Thank you very much for this release!

m0use

Portal Pro
    February 6, 2008

i have exatly the same situation with gup & zinu

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Could anyone test whether Bierdopje works or not? It worked fine yesterday and the day before, but today not anymore. Maybe it's broke.

If someone can confirm, I'll know it's not me and I can start looking for a solution.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey

I'd like report that this version is causing shuttering/dropped frames while playing an episode every once in a while --> consistent with the new option for remote shares in plugin configuration screen. It doesn't matter if I play a regular SD resolution or 720p episode, which in my opinion rules out bandwidth problems. (I'm using a gigabit switch with CAT6 cables)
    It would be nice to at least have an option in the configuration screen for not refreshing/checking for files (whatever it was called, can't remember now :p) while a video is playing. =)
    Thanks for this great plugin. Other than this issue, I perfectly happy with it, definitely better than the previous. =)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I'd like report that this version is causing shuttering/dropped frames while playing an episode every once in a while --> consistent with the new option for remote shares in plugin configuration screen. It doesn't matter if I play a regular SD resolution or 720p episode, which in my opinion rules out bandwidth problems. (I'm using a gigabit switch with CAT6 cables)
    It would be nice to at least have an option in the configuration screen for not refreshing/checking for files (whatever it was called, can't remember now :p) while a video is playing. =)
    Thanks for this great plugin. Other than this issue, I perfectly happy with it, definitely better than the previous. =)

You exactly have that option:

Configuration screen -> General -> "Watch my Import folders for changes automatically"

So you can disable the monitor system totally, or only disable the rescan, which by default is set to occur every 5 minutes.

However, I think you have something else going on, because even on a 54Mbps WiFi based share, I'm able to stream media without any interruptions during playback.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

I've the same problem as UNOPARATOR with this new version. The playback stutters slightley every few minutes. I rolle dback to previous version and everything was fine. No problems with playback or updates.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I've the same problem as UNOPARATOR with this new version. The playback stutters slightley every few minutes. I rolle dback to previous version and everything was fine. No problems with playback or updates.

Instead of rolling back, can you help the developers in actually fixing things? Reinstall the latest version and try to adjust configuration options, such as disabling the monitor retry timer, or the entire monitor system (as I explained to Uniparator). If problem then goes away for you, then your debug enabled log files will exactly show the developers what is going wrong.

I am having a out of memory error when starting MP on Loading Strings since installing

Did you clear your cache when you installed new build, and are you using a compatible skin? Always use default Blue3Wide (or Blue3) when you are not sure if your skin has support for the new plugin features. This is why default skins are included, to ensure everything will work.

If you have PNG extension images in your 'thumbs' folder, then rebuilding skin cache might cause problems, so use my 'thumbs' size reduction script, which you can find link to in MovingPictures FAQ. It might take a few minutes if u got a large collection, and you will end up with a lot of skin cache files, but it will work and without any crashes. Once MovPic beta3 is released tonight or tomorrow, you won't have to worry about that anymore.

If you are still getting out of memory errors, try attaching your log files in debug mode. Otherwise it is like calling your friends to come and get you, but not explain where you are, so they can find you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom