MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (4 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I use the freeware ant renamer for that, it's very fast. ;)
    What I actually said was:-
    but it does become very tiresome to have to name each episode with the series name when it is already located in a folder of the series name and sub folder of the season
    I accept that there are workarounds for this including the one for me which is to stop using "Season" subfolders but if this plugin is still supported(?) it would be good to have this confirmed as a bug and maybe get a fix. Or???

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have had the MP- TV Series plugin for many years but do not import very much or very often. For import I have always had to manually enter series, name, season and episode data into the importer despite using a filename including the season and episode and locating it in a folder of the series/season name which I believe should work automatically :unsure:( and from memory that does work in Moving Pictures). If I add the series name to the file name then the importer does pick up everything automatically. see attached screenshots.
    What am I doing wrong???

View attachment 211022View attachment 211023

@joecrow I just tested it, it should recognize your files if you simply add new parsing strings to the importer to match your naming scheme. In the Settings > Import Tab > Parsing Expressions add the following entry:
    Code:
    <series>\Season<season>\S<season>_E<episode> <title>.<ext>

type "simple" and remember to set the checkmark in the "enabled" column. If all your files are named like this, you could move the entry to the top of the list, so it is the first one the importer will use. It should work just fine at the bottom of the list, though.

You could make it more robust with regular expressions (I noticed an extra dot character after "E04" in your screenshot), but if you stick to your naming conventions this should work just fine.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow I just tested it, it should recognize your files if you simply add new parsing strings to the importer to match your naming scheme. In the Settings > Import Tab > Parsing Expressions add the following entry:
    Code:
    <series>\Season<season>\S<season>_E<episode> <title>.<ext>

type "simple" and remember to set the checkmark in the "enabled" column. If all your files are named like this, you could move the entry to the top of the list, so it is the first one the importer will use. It should work just fine at the bottom of the list, though.

You could make it more robust with regular expressions (I noticed an extra dot character after "E04" in your screenshot), but if you stick to your naming conventions this should work just fine.
    Tried that but still not working.:(, see attached screenshots.

Attachments

• ser2.jpg
      ser2.jpg
      324.9 KB
    • ser3.jpg
      ser3.jpg
      97.3 KB

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, it appears you're file naming is rather inconsistent. The latest file is named yet again differently from the previous ones (whitespaces where previously there were none, this time no episode title), so a single "simple" expression won't catch all. To match this specific file this should work:

Code:
    <series>\Season <season>\S<season>_E<episode>.<ext>

Let me try to come up with a regular expression, that tolerates these inconsistencies.

Try this (this time type "regexp"):
    Code:
    (?<series>[^\\]+)\\Season\s*(?<season>\d+)\\S(?<season>\d+)\s*_E(?<episode>\d+)\s*(?<title>.*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

It matched all unmatched filenames you provided so far on my machine:
    MP_Regexp2.JPG

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It matched all unmatched filenames you provided so far on my machine:
    Confirm same for me see screenshot.Sorry for the inconsistences which were part of my attempts to come up with a naming scheme that would work in a "Season" subfolder as were all the other file names I have so far shown here. In fact the real problem is that the downloaded file name includes the episode number and name but neither the series name or season number. I had thought that adding them to a season number subfolder in the series name folder would work as well as keeping things tidy but found it did not even if I appended the season number.:( You have fixed that, many thanks:) and at the risk of pushing my luck could you take a look at the highlighted filename in the screenshot (which is as downloaded) and if possible suggest an expression that would work for it?
    Many thanks again and Happy New Year
    ser1.jpg

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A Happy new Year to you as well :)

This should work for all filenames mentioned so far (also type "regexp"):
    Code:
    (?<series>[^\\]+)\\Season\s*(?<season>\d+)\\(S(?<season>\d+)\s*_E)*(?<episode>\d+)\.*\s*(?<title>.*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom