MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (5 Viewers)

johnpgreenan

Portal Member
June 14, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is anyone having issues with TVDB? I've had a few TV shows (The curse of oak island, and Andor being a couple) that literally disappeared on an import scan. When I try to import them again its all fine, but when the match list comes up its a bit of a mess with and does not reflect what is actually on TVDB (this looks fine) so there is no matches made - in fact complete seasons are missing. I've tried deleting API cache, starting a new database etc, same thing, filenames are good, as I said, this was all working fine but something has went wrong.

Its isolated to a few shows, others are still good

Here's one if someone can try: The.Curse.of.Oak.Island.S10E24
its there on TVDB but not on MP-TVSeries
oak.png

Last edited:

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I noticed the same. For a few shows suddenly entire seasons or random episodes are simply missing. Even a new scan doesn't help. And sometime they are just back again. Thetvdb remains unchanged.

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    I have noticed the same here when running MP-TV Series Configuration. For example "Local Episodes" Citadel s01e01 has no matching "Online Episodes" just Special episodes are showing, should show episodes 1 to 4. A week or 2 ago it was all OK. The episode is showing ok theTVDB. Have the same for a few other series too. Tried removing the files, deleting them on the database, moving the files back and running MP-TV Series Configuration again with the same problem, Online Episodes are not being retrieved completely. Have noticed on starting up Mediaportal that when the TV series are being imported they show up on screen, but when the importation has completed they disappear.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    wow, same here. When I start the import wizard, it says I need to import 324 episodes. But even that isn't right. For example it tells me it needs to import 3 episodes of season 7. But when I look in the TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 file, I only have 2 out of 19 episodes listed. (I actually have all episodes) So even if I ran the import it would still be wrong.

johnpgreenan

Portal Member
    June 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I looked through this thread and it seems this kind of thing has happened before. It will either sort itself out, being a TVDB issue maybe or if it doesn't then would need looked into. Hopefully the developer picks it up on these comments and has a look. I hope this plug in is still supported as I have used it forever!!!

BBO

Portal Member
    November 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got the same problems here since yesterday. Episodes gone and complete seasons too.
    For me it was with the series Chicago Fire and Chicago Med (only Season 5 was showing the rest gone) and some others.
    Tried an older DB backup - Scanned everything new. Still the same problem.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked Chicago Fire and several seasons are missing or incomplete. I started the importer manually and it identified 276 new episodes. One if them was 12 Monkeys. But the series only shows 2 episodes of season 4 and nothing else.

Edit:
    I restarted the importer and this time 79 new episodes. Among them 12 Monkeys. When the scan is completed there are still only the same two episodes. Another example is The Expanse. First two seasons are missing the rest incomplete.

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Another example is The Expanse. First two seasons are missing the rest incomplete.
    The Expanse and 12 Monkeys are still complete for me. Currently Citadel, Bob's Burgers, NCIS, Top Gear, The Simpsons, Doctor Who, QI, Only Fools and Horses are messed up with episodes not having a match now when they had them in the past.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's all very strange. In some cases, like the two only episodes that are listed for 12 Monkeys for me, only one of the two is matched to an episode on my drive. The other is not, while it's also there.

So, if this was a thetvdb problem, this shouldn't effect that? In the past, when episode were removed from thetvdb, they had do be manually removed from mp-tvseries database. Even episodes that weren't on the thetvdb were listed, just without any data.

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    As Imzadi has issues with 12 Monkeys I removed all 4 seasons of the 12 Monkey files from the NAS , deleted the API cache, deleted them from the database, manually imported. Then copied the 4 seasons of 12 Monkeys back to the NAS, manually imported again and they all imported OK.

Sometime in the last 20 hours or so Citadel and the Simpsons came back and are in the database again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom