1.10.0 [MP1-4578] Crashes after standby (3 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep, MP react on Windows message (Resize / Move window etc.) and MP try to handle that. Maybe it can be avoid and force MP to a resolution and keep it that way. :)
    Apologies, but that was not the "resizing" that I meant! :confused:

I used the "Resize the Desktop" dialogue in the "Nvidia Control Panel" application; this defines the screen resolution within which all windows are then shown (whether shown fullscreen, maximised, or windowed). When MP is running fullscreen, MP thinks that my screen is 1228x690. :eek:

I fixed this "overscan" where you changed you resolution for on my tv by setting picture size to "screen fit" instead of 16:9. I've also read somewhere you can set your source label to "PC" on some brands. This way you can keep the native resolution and still have all the video on the screen
    Unfortunately, my TV screen does not have the "screen fit" capability. The TV is a 32-inch Toshiba LCD dating from 2006, and has very few of the capabilities that modern sets have. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :) i know that you talk about different resizing :) sorry to not be clear on my side lol.
    MP code handle windows message the resize of MP window itself along with screen size (1920x1080 and so on).
    MP code (most of the time) use code to detect current screen and detect/compare if screen is different when in multiscreen installation.

But maybe all of this can be override by letting MP to keep 1920x1080 or other defined resolution. But i fear it will be a big rework lol

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Here for V30 : (based on v4).
    Hey, @Sebastiii, is there a reason why there is no tvplugin contained? Or do I need the old one from v29? Because I yesterday installed v30 (only Mediaportal.exe) and the reg-change and this morning MP was stuck again (no crash, but not reacting) (time on homescreen said 22:somewhat 3.1.2015).

EDIT: Logs attached now!

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, Tvplugin related are for testing only, it's to avoid LoadSkin error for TVThread and should be part of another fix/branch/jira, so like i would like that V4 branch is for MP1-4578, i remove tvplugin for now but i need to create a new Jira/Branch for it :)

About your freeze, will look the log thanks :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here for V30 : (based on v4).
    Hey, @Sebastiii, is there a reason why there is no tvplugin contained? Or do I need the old one from v29? Because I yesterday installed v30 (only Mediaportal.exe) and the reg-change and this morning MP was stuck again (no crash, but not reacting) (time on homescreen said 22:somewhat 3.1.2015).

EDIT: Logs attached now!

I can reproduce some of your issue MP goes freeze when audio device is removed, i will provide a bin for it.
    From log, it seems that MP is running and your turn off your TV or AVR and then, it starting to act weird (because of audio removed and screen removed).
    So let your config like you have and we can test with new bin, are you able to reproduce it on demand ? (better for testing it)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go V31 :

So trying to fix the MP freeze when audio device is removed.

Attachments

• MediaPortal_V31.zip
      1.6 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I have added a new option : "Keep MediaPortal fullscreen mode (don't relay on windows resolution change)" checked in following screenshot but not enable by default. This option can be renamed for a better explanation, if someone has an better english.

upload_2015-1-4_14-23-50.png

With this option, i try to override or i could say, avoid MP to inherits the desktop's screen resolution when screen change (i.e native 1024x768).
    This means, if video card or screen device are disconnect, MP will stay @ 1920x1080.

So it could be nice if @HTPC_Sourcer can try this new bin (will upload it later).
    This change is based on @CyberSimian comment about WMC :).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for V32 :)
    Based on previous comment :p (added the option etc.)

Attachments

• MediaPortal_V32.zip
      2.8 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom