1.10.0 [MP1-4578] Crashes after standby (2 Viewers)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Ok,

there we go. Attached you'll find my Logs. This Time I could got to standby, but returning again MP was allready crashed and I had to kill it using the Taskmgr. Starting MP again I could not tune anymore to a channel. MP told me there is no free card available.

Hope my logs can help.

Regards
ARE2

I didn't see any wrong in log except maybe :
IP address '192.168.0.129' could not be resolved: Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.

From eventlog: it seems MySQL can't find this IP and then surely TVServer is freezing and freeze MP.
Maybe we need to set fixed IP and set this IP to be use etc. but i'm not sure lol
@mm1352000 has already see this error :)

Ohhhh, it looked like the issues described in this thread. I'm sorry if I've wasted your time with that :\

Nevertheless, big THX for looking into it!!!

Best Regards!!!

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
First try from standby mediaportal hanged in the background. I wasn't able to open it again but it took focus everytime I pressed another window but when clicking the mediaportal part in the taskbar it didn't go to fullscreen or show up at all. Here's the zip. Problem was with V33.

Update: did some more tests and everything went fine after the first problem.

Last edited:

perky

Portal Pro
January 23, 2014
Home Country
England England
@Sebastiii : Here are the logs of the lack of music audio from this morning. I don't think it was the mute button as previous to that I was watching live TV with audio, and I'm sure I tried to change volume. Will try again tonight to see if it happens again.

perky

Portal Pro
January 23, 2014
Home Country
England England
OK, we have a problem (at least with V32). If I try playing some music, turn the AVR off, turn the AVR back on and try to play music I get "Unable to play" message. TV appears to be OK. I can browse through the music list OK, but can't play anything.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks Guys :)
    Will analyse log tonight :p
    @perky, yes i handle differently or more accurate audio removed / added and if in some case maybe windows didn't detect audio is back/added and then music need it. (will see @ your log).
    @killer8, you have only one screen ? i notice that windows didn't always receive the message when screen or device is back/connected to the system and maybe MP was in another non visible windows.

Will try to reproduce it and this on log :)

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    Just as a thought, but would it be possible to run MP normally the first time it is run with the AVR and TV on (so it grabs the EDID and loads the relevant drivers) but then completely ignores the hot plug detect from that point onwards? You could have a check box that says 'ignore hot plug detect for subsequent runs' or something. You may want then to tell MP somehow that the next run is to be considered a 'first run' so the user can force it to reload the EDID, MP would need to reset that flag somehow.

Ignore that, I had a brain freeze!!! :)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just as a thought, but would it be possible to run MP normally the first time it is run with the AVR and TV on (so it grabs the EDID and loads the relevant drivers) but then completely ignores the hot plug detect from that point onwards? You could have a check box that says 'ignore hot plug detect for subsequent runs' or something. You may want then to tell MP somehow that the next run is to be considered a 'first run' so the user can force it to reload the EDID, MP would need to reset that flag somehow.

Ignore that, I had a brain freeze!!! :)

It can be a good idea, not sure if it can be done without big change lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom