MP1.5 starts up on resume (1 Viewer)

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
Every time my PC resumes from standby, Mediaportal starts up. I checked the settings under general and don't see anything enabled to cause this. Anyone know what I need to do to stop this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If MP is open when you put the PC into standby then it will be open when you resume. Standard Windows behaviour.

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2009
    Sorry forgot about this thread. But no, it starts up with MP off. Like literally after a few seconds of resume, MP will pop up and I'll have to close it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Do you have some kind of scheduled task to start MP, or do you have an MP link in the Windows "startup" folder?

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry forgot about this thread. But no, it starts up with MP off. Like literally after a few seconds of resume, MP will pop up and I'll have to close it.

Does it really pop-up already loaded or do you see the loading screen? If the first one is right, then MP is running in the background.

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2009
    Okay. Do you have some kind of scheduled task to start MP, or do you have an MP link in the Windows "startup" folder?
    None that I see. I do have MPtray.exe that starts up, but that's for the remote. Maybe it's causing MP to start up?

Does it really pop-up already loaded or do you see the loading screen? If the first one is right, then MP is running in the background.
    I see a loading screen. Sometimes my family leaves it open, and I close it. But it'll pop right back up again, with another loading screen. So it seems like there's a timer that starts MP on resume for some reason. It always does this on resume from standby since I installed MP1.5. I had MP1.2 before and this didn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the error. After uninstalling MpUrlSourcesplitter(x64) I installed the MpUrlSourcesplitter(x86). But the error message still comes.
    I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the...
    Just completed a clean install of Win 10 followed by MP 1.31. During install the installer hung up because I didn't have .net 3.5...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still supported I doubt there are many major differences regarding the ".NET Runtime Optimization Service". On my setup I am not seeing any significant CPU usuage MP takes around 3% and the TV Service is...
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still...
    Hi, I have a single seat setup with MP 1.31 on a Win10 machine. Since the last automated Windows update the TV-Service produces a...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG Collector gets its epg from and found it gets it from 'freesathome' so cribbed the settings from that and added the freesathome channel to the radio channels and selected that channel only to collect epg...
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG...
    Hi folks Ive just started using epg collector to import uk freesat epg into mediaportal i have had good success with it so far and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom