MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-647] TV: Subtitles can't be turned off (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm in the UK. They're called subtitles here too.
    Yes, they are. Maybe you can then explain the difference between Closed Caption and subtitles to me. :D :whistle:

As far as I know they're overlay text too.
    Sure. You refer to digital subtitles contrary to the old analogue teletext subtitles that we have (had) in Gemany now for ages. It's only since a few years that some German stations broadcast DVB subtitles. For the Germans who read this: Das Erste HD is broadcasting digital subtitles, hence we might be able to test this at our side also.

Albatross365

Portal Member
    April 22, 2017
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, they are. Maybe you can then explain the difference between Closed Caption and subtitles to me. :D :whistle:

From what I understand subtitles are dialog, closed captions included dialog and sounds such as "CLOCK CHIMES" or "PHONE RINGS". However some people called this subtitles too. I don't think anyone knows really.

I remember when I first got DVB here, the subtitles were awful, about 15 seconds behind.

Do I need to start another thread or can I also report that xml files are still left behind after deleting recordings.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Yes, they are. Maybe you can then explain the difference between Closed Caption and subtitles to me
    here is a good explanation.
    For the Germans who read this: Das Erste HD is broadcasting digital subtitles, hence we might be able to test this at our side also.
    No, we are not able to test it with MP2, because currently MP2 doesn't support teletext subtitles (see Vasilich posts).
    The live tv subtitles from @Albatross365 are dvb subtitles.

Do I need to start another thread or can I also report that xml files are still left behind after deleting recordings.
    Yes, please start another thread.

Regarding the dvd/live tv subtitles: thanks for the steps to reproduce I will look into this.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The live tv subtitles from @Albatross365 are dvb subtitles.
    As I wrote in my posting: Das Erste HD has started to broadcast DVB subtitles too. I guess none of us ever paid attention.

Yes, please start another thread.
    No please:eek:

You would need to start another thread, if it wasn't already known ;): see MP2-617 TV recording xml files not removed when deleting TV shows
    As long as I keep track of what we have in Jira... :whistle:

Albatross365

Portal Member
    April 22, 2017
    Home Country
    As I was already posting I thought I'd ask.

Don't worry. I won't start a thread ;D

Albatross365

Portal Member
    April 22, 2017
    Home Country
    I wouldn't usually use subs but the TV producers over here either can't get their sound mix right or don't stop the actors from mumbling.

Lots of consternation from members of the public.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, there is no mentioning of "TV" anywhere ;)

Thank you for the screen shot, now it is clear what we are talking about. This is hard for us to test as we don't have closed caption on German TV. Subtitles work via overlay teletext only.

@ge2301 , can you please take a look at the previous posting, which describes the issue? Maybe the "no subtitles" is not linked to any function? Or has it been fixed in the meantime?
    I took a look, but I fear, that it's not skin related (wrong command linked to button). The command only opens a dialog and if one dialog entry does not work correctly, it's related to the model behind. Looking at the model I can roughly follow the steps, but my #C knowledge is far too less for finding a potential problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom