MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-647] TV: Subtitles can't be turned off (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Closed Caption can be turned on and off for TV with the c key on the keyboard
    I have tried it... don't care for it...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Closed Caption can be turned on and off for TV with the c key on the keyboard
    I have tried it... don't care for it...
    Is this documented somewhere in WIKI, I guess not :rolleyes:
    And I have small doubts it really works, because I can not find such shortcut here.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @Albatross365
    I just did a test with a sample recording from a UK TV channel (dvb-subtitles) and can confirm your issue. Disabling subtitles works only via settings, turning them off via the CC icon doesn't work.

@morpheus_xx
    I think it's related to your StreamInfoHanlder refactoring. The EnumerateStreams method doesn't work properly which leads to not setting the right subtitle stream (or disabling the subtitles) in the TsVideoPlayer.
    Unless you see right away what's the problem and have a hint for me, I'll investigate the issue in more detail tomorrow.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I fixed the problem. But when checking further, it is possible that also the MPC part has the same issue? See my commit: MP2-647: Fixed TsReader stream disabling · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2@e5500dc · GitHub.

Now, when I select any non-existant stream (or the NO_STREAM_IDX), the subs will be disabled.

So for MPC we also add a "no subtitles" item as dummy for disabling the subs: MediaPortal-2/StreamInfoHandler.cs at e5500dc367a6d7fa288fe444bd23240a76dc68b6 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub.

But we are not handling it manually, but just call MPC with an invalid stream index. A better way could be to call "SetEnabled(false)"?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @aspik for your interest: I reworked the fix and force-pushed it. I think the MPC part can stay this way.

I go for a merge to 2.1pre2 later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom