MP2 - V2.4.1 [MP2-795] Where is the radio? (2 Viewers)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there, I missed the Radio Funktion for dvb-s radio under music like in mp1. Where i can find the radio stations and how can i map a radio button in the music menue?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where i can find the radio stations
    Radio is not displayed separately but part of TV. You need to add your radio channels to a dedicated TV channel group and switch to this group from within TV.

how can i map a radio button in the music menue
    That is not possible because Radio is currently a pseudo-TV function.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry but that is not comfortable! A TV Channel is a TV Channel and a Radio Channel is a Radio Channel and should be listed in a Radio section under music. Thats very unconfortable and confusing. I like to have radio statuons in the music menue and TV in the TV menue and now other solution. Radio ist not TV!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We know and there are respective requests in the Feature Request section.

Sounds good hope that feature comes soon for a full replacement of MP1.

We recommend to use WebRadio instead, which provides full Internet Radio as a separate plugin (can be moved into Audio section).

I use webradio instead but some of my favourite german channels do not work and it is also not comfortable because I can not specify a special country for start up. The plug-in always shows all countries, and I have to click on filter, etc. thats not very handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 radio button DE
    There was never a radio button, MP2 is not based on MP1 ;) Radio channels are within the normal TV EPG or you use the plugin WebRadio. A full separation for TV and Radio is planned with the next release though.
    There was never a radio button, MP2 is not based on MP1 ;) Radio channels are within the normal TV EPG or you use the plugin...
    I have just upgraded from MP1 to MP2.4. In the client there doesn't seem to be a radio button any more. How do I play radio...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    Can anyone help with this?
    Can anyone help with this?
    Hi, How do I create a music view in the MP1 configuration tool music views section to list all my song tracks under a heading of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom