[solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (3 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    last week I added two new channels and logos via the form at Suggest a Channel / Logo / Alias which I have used before with no issues but they haven't updated is there an issue?
    I approved both logos, but saw the wrong region later ("AF" vs. "AU"). Unfortunately I can't change it after submission. Can you re-submit the logo for 9Rush?

skylark256

Portal Member
    January 12, 2021
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would like to manage channel logos locally. I understand that I need to suppress the online refresh every 14 days.
    I have found the following from morpheus_xx that would appear to enable this.

morpheus_xx said:
    You should be able to achieve this by a few manual steps:
    Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs\Flat-default.logotheme" into a new "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs\Flat-local.logotheme" (or similar, just keep the "Flat-" prefix!)
    Open the Flat-local.logotheme in text editor. Change the theme name and add a "SkipOnlineUpdate" line:

Save the file
    Restart MP2-Server + MP2-Client
    Goto settings -> TV -> Logo style and select the new "Flat-Local" theme.
    Because having a copy of style now, this theme will be kept also when updates are installed. I hope this solves your issue :)

It all looks straightforward except for the instruction "SkipOnlineUpdate". Is this used as is, or does it need an xml tag?
    If so, what xml tag should I use? Does it matter where in the logotheme file I put it?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should look like this (shortened example): "<SkipOnlineUpdate>true</SkipOnlineUpdate>"

XML:
    <Theme xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/MediaPortal.LogoManager.Design" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <DesignName>Flat</DesignName>
      <ThemeName>Default</ThemeName>
      <SkipOnlineUpdate>true</SkipOnlineUpdate>
    </Theme>

skylark256

Portal Member
    January 12, 2021
    Home Country
    The solution above, posted by morpheus_xx, worked well. The logos I placed in the appropriate folder all showed up.
    However, 14 days later, all the logos vanished from the epg and haven't reappeared since. The logos are still in the folder where I placed them.
    How can I prevent them from disappearing from the epg?

skylark256

Portal Member
    January 12, 2021
    Home Country
    This appears to work. Mediaportal appears to rely on the logo creation date to determine whether the logo is over 14 days old or not.
    In order to display logos, delete the all the logos in the logo folder and copy them back from some other place on my/your Mediaportal computer. This resets the creation date to now, i.e., the logo is now less than 14 days old and will display.
    This can be automated by a scheduled script to run, say, once a week. If a pause is required between delete and recreate, use 2 scripts. I haven't determined yet whether this is needed.
    Copy and replace - which I was using - doesn't work because it doesn't reset the creation date.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The logos I placed in the appropriate folder all showed up.
    However, 14 days later, all the logos vanished from the epg and haven't reappeared since.
    Hmm, there still sounds something wrong.

If you are using a modified logo theme (with SkipOnlineUpdate=true), you select it inside TV configuration (inside MP2-Client settings) as preferred theme. After you did this (maybe restart both server and client once!), the logo provider will download and process the logos when they are first requested. If you have own logos, you can copy them over the processed ones as you prefer.

You are right, the logo updater finally checks for file dates > 14 days and updates them if older. But exactly this step is avoided by the SkipOnlineUpdate switch inside the Theme definition.

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
    December 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    From the Wiki entry I understand that the logos are downloaded according to the Windows setting for Region.

Unfortunately, Windows has no "Western Europe" as possible region. I need logos from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France and Spain.

How can I get them all?

TIA, Bart

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I rember correctly, the region filter is used when there are different channels available in different countries, so the best one can be used. Have you already tried with your channel list? Unfortunately I can't test this myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom