mpTray is not working on XP SP3 (1 Viewer)

gmeles

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hi all.
I have a sony VAIO that had vista preinstalled (Home Premium). I downgrade it on XP and now mptray is not working. Is it some driver issue? The same util works PERFECT on Vista
Thanks

Monchi

Portal Pro
January 7, 2008
Hi gmeles

i'm not shure that this porblem is related to your os downgrade.

i went from xp to vista (thanks ati for your awsome display drivers!!!:mad:) and did a clean install of MP 1.0.
can,t get mptray working, since then.

i worked before in vista and xp.

no ideas whats going wrong :confused:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Did anyone check that MPTray.exe was running, just hitting the install.bat registers MPTray to start on boot, it does not start the exe, so either click on the MPTray.exe file or reboot.

BTW you should be using MPTrayMod, not MPTray, just checking :)

gmeles

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thank you for the quick answer.
    mpTray.exe is running on task manager.
    I made a couple of reboots with no success.
    I use mpTraymod

gmeles

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Yes it is.
    EDIT: I test it now on my desktop (VISTA Home Prem) and is working just fine

gmeles

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Guys thanks for your time. Consider this fixed. I install Vista again and it works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and the settings you changed to get your Mediaportal PCs working on both Windows 10 and 11! It's always helpful to hear about these kinds of solutions, especially when there isn't much discussion around the issue. I'm not the most tech-savvy person, but I'll definitely keep your tips in mind if...
    Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and the settings you changed to get your Mediaportal PCs working on both Windows 10 and 11...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom