[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (2 Viewers)

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't have any TV stream with subtitle. Can you upload to a file share (Google Drive, OneDrive or similar) a short file for me?
    Hi reg,

I'm currently uploading a file to dropbox and will send you the download link via PM. I did a lot of testing with different transcoding profiles in the last days and I think that it is not dependent on MPExtended or your app if the subtitles are shown or not. It seems to be related to the transcoding process. I did not find a pattern but maybe if transcoded with VLC the subtitles are shown, if the profile uses ffmpeg the subtitles are suppressed. Or so ... :unsure:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    1.5.1 beta is available for testers.

• Fixed dvb subtitle always visible in vlc based profiles.
    • Fixed some app crashes.
    • Added ability to pause/resume songs with headset button. (Needs testing with wired and with BT headset)
    • Added ability to shuffle songs for premium users. :p

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    1.5.1 Final is available on the Play Store.

• Added display TV Server local disk drives (display free spaces).
    • Fixed some app crashes and ANR.

Anthony Gagnon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    1.5.1 Final is available on the Play Store.

• Added display TV Server local disk drives (display free spaces).
    • Fixed some app crashes and ANR.
    This is my first time testing or posting to this Forum (I think), so bear with me...
    I updated the app and the MPExtended Service 0.6.0 Beta6 (recommended) but now I can't seem to play live TV or recorded TV.
    I've tried LG G5's internal player, MX, and vlc with no luck. I can see the guide fine but not sure if it's something I've done. Honestly, I thought it was working fine before the update of the app and from beta5. But full disclosure I did change my wifi router sometime this week and with it the local IP address changed. I think I have port forwarding and all that worked out correctly.
    I was hoping to get the new features to send my HTPC to sleep remotely through the app, but that doesn't seem to be an option either.
    Time-Lapse: Switching back to MPExtended Service 0.6.0 Beta5 seemed to make matters worse and the guide didn't even work

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I updated the app and the MPExtended Service 0.6.0 Beta6 (recommended) but now I can't seem to play live TV or recorded TV.

Try to remove c:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml and restart MPExtended.

I was hoping to get the new features to send my HTPC to sleep remotely through the app, but that doesn't seem to be an option either.

Open TV Server status and select menu.

Anthony Gagnon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Try to remove c:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml and restart MPExtended.

Open TV Server status and select menu.
    Thank you regeszter for your quick reply. Removing the file as you said worked!
    I see the options now in TV server status. I'm really happy with the new features.

By the way... any plans to make the able to cast to a Chromecast or Roku? I just found out that a Roku can take casts too (Supports DIAL), and then when I travel I can use my Roku stick and watch on an HDMI TV at like a hotel or something.

ref: How to Use Your Roku Like a Chromecast

Thanks again for the help and the app!

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    By the way... any plans to make the able to cast to a Chromecast or Roku? I just found out that a Roku can take casts too (Supports DIAL), and then when I travel I can use my Roku stick and watch on an HDMI TV at like a hotel or something.

You can use the app on any device which runs Android or Android TV.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    short question:
    Do you have plans to support the playback of the TV rtp stream without transcoding?
    In aMPDroid this was possible when using the MX player.
    This could lead to a better picture quality espacially when using Android TV or Amazon Fire.

Thx in advance

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,
    short question:
    Do you have plans to support the playback of the TV rtp stream without transcoding?
    In aMPDroid this was possible when using the MX player.
    This could lead to a better picture quality espacially when using Android TV or Amazon Fire.

Thx in advance

It is supported with MX Player using direct transcoder profile. ;)

Edit your c:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml and change the target of the direct profile from pc-vlc-video to android.

<TranscoderProfile>
    <Name>Direct</Name>
    <Description>Direct streaming profile (no transcoding)</Description>
    <HasVideoStream>true</HasVideoStream>
    <MIME>video/x-unknown</MIME>
    <MaxOutputWidth>1280</MaxOutputWidth>
    <MaxOutputHeight>720</MaxOutputHeight>
    <Targets>
    <Target>android</Target>
    </Targets>
    <Bandwidth>10000</Bandwidth>
    <Transport>http</Transport>
    <Transcoder>MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.Direct</Transcoder>
    <TranscoderParameters />
    </TranscoderProfile>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom