[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (4 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FYI: From now on I´ll use MPTVScheduler instead of aMPdroid ;)
    It´s faster and now covers the most important plugins ;)
    Great work done within 1 year (y)

applebee1

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Hi Regszter,

thanks for your great work - nearly perfect on all possible functions what the app/MP can do... :)

I still have a problem in the 1.5 (also in the previous version):

On one of my mobile devices (sony tablet with android 7.0) the internal player is not stable - sometimes the stream is starting, sometimes not.
    Even with the same recording and same encoding profile - sometimes it works, sometimes not. I also tried various protocols - no big difference. When stream has started once, erverything works.
    MX player and VLC player are working perfect without any problem - the anoying thing is that no fastforwad (advertisement) is possible. (or is there a way to implement fixed forwards steps - e.g. +1 min.? for mx or vlc)

On other mobile devices I have much less problems (Android 5.1 / 4.22) with the internal player.

I reinstalled client and MPextended (B6) a few times - no difference. Also mpextended log shows no hint on the problem...
    Any suggestion?

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I experience the same problems since I switched from an Acer Tablet with Android 4.4 to a new Huawei Mediapad Lite with Android 7.0. If streams start with the internal player then the quality is very low (much block artefacts, choppy playback) and unusable.

I tried all kinds of profiles (direct, VLC, ffmpeg, http, http-ffmpeg, ...) and did not find a profile that works in an acceptable quality.

MXPlayer plays fine and KODI w/ TV server plugin plays the streams fine, too, but I would love to use MPTVScheduler and not switch to KODI ... :-(

Which tests and/or logs do you need?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    On one of my mobile devices (sony tablet with android 7.0) the internal player is not stable - sometimes the stream is starting, sometimes not.
    Huawei Mediapad Lite with Android 7.0. If streams start with the internal player then the quality is very low (much block artefacts, choppy playback) and unusable.

It seems the device GPU is not well supported by native Android MediaPlayer object. Sorry, but I can not help you. :(

According to Google Developer Console the app statistics by OS version:

Android 6.0 30,9%
    Android 7.0 24,8%
    Android 7.1 13,2%
    Android 5.1 12,0%
    Android 4.4 8,4%

So it seems it is not Android 7.x issue.

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Reg,

thanks for your answer. But does that mean that all other apps use their own player, i. e. they implement it themselves and do not use the android player? I mean, all other apps work fine on my Huawei tablet (youtube, tv livestreams, twitch, ...). Do they all bring their own video players?

applebee1

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Hi regeszter,

thanks for your explanation... - that could be the case indeed.
    Maybe when going to 7.1 will make the difference but I doubt it...

Is there any possibility to implement some fastforward with MX or VLC?
    But I guess there are no open APIs and only a stream can be started once...

Thanks anyway...

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Is there any possibility to implement some fastforward with MX or VLC?
    But I guess there are no open APIs and only a stream can be started once..

No way. I pass the stream to the external player and get the result (stoptime) if the play ended.

applebee1

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Just additional remark:
    it's just when starting the stream - either it say's "playing not possible" or the same stream with same setting starts in perfect quality - it's a bit like a gambling ;-)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    when starting the stream - either it say's "playing not possible"

Please check the log of the MPExtended when it occures. You should to see an exception. Sometimes the MPExtended can not start the stream. I added a workaround to 1.5.0 to trying to start the stream again if the 1st trying was unsuccessful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom