[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (5 Viewers)

applebee1

Portal Member
October 25, 2007
Hi,

I have a similar problem with instability when starting the streams (and sometimes accessing tvserver / tvguide).
My system - Windows 10 , various clients with Android 6.01, 7.0, 7.1. all facing same instability.
Half a year (before windows creator upgrade ?) it works without any problems with Mpextended 0.6 - never had any issue with MPTVscheduler.

Random problem when starting streams: streams are not starting at all (standard ffmpeg profile is used): error message: stream can't be started.
For example: out of 4 different TV channel recordings - 2 are working and the other 2 are not.
Once the problem is there - a restart of the PC sometimes helps and problems get's better for some time.

The odd thing - nothing unusual in the mpextend log - it looks literally the same, either when a stream works or doesn't work.
And once a stream is working - it runs till the end without issues.
Playing with other than the internal player (VLC, MX) produces better results - more streams are working without problems, but not every and always.

Local WLAN network has no issues.
I have installed mpextend beta 6 three time from scratch - no difference, cleaned out the registry.
With ampdroid i do not have any problems.

Strange - any ideas, is mpextend the root cause and what else to do?

Thanks...

P.S. In the log - From top of the log file: first file playing with VLC and MPextend, same file not playing with internal player, next file also not playing in internal player "stream could not be started" ffmpeg HD with interlace profile".

Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPExtended can not read the TS buffers.
    Thanks, also found that. Problem is: I don't know whats causing this and how it can be fixed. As I said, it worked before and I had to do 2 fresh server installations after the problem occured first. Is there any known update to the WSE2016 Server branch, to Flash or ffmpeg what might be causing this? Any ideas? and anyone else having this problem? Or anyone running a WSE2016 TV-Sever with MPExtended flawlessly?

Another question: Might there be a Trakt API plugin for you app to synchronize the watched status?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    it works without any problems with Mpextended 0.6 - never had any issue with MPTVscheduler.

Hi,

Is there any antivirus os other security sw on your PC? If yes try to disable it and test again.

applebee1

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Hi,

Is there any antivirus os other security sw on your PC? If yes try to disable it and test again.

Hi regeszter,

nothing extra than windows 10 standard security up and running.

But you hint me in the direction to look at any additional processes/windows services running in the background and might interfer (teamviewer, disabled/needed/interfering windows services etc.).

I will investigate further.

Best regards

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When playing a playlist with the phone active or screen on it plays flawlessly, but when the screen goes off it will stop playing after about two songs, push the screen on button it starts playing again.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    :cool::)
    My ver. software of 6.0.1, is it supposed to do PIP?
    As of right now TV will only play for about 5-10 sec. then drop out. I attached the logs

Attachments

• 20171008_130855.jpg
      20171008_130855.jpg
      2.5 MB
    • 20171008_131203.jpg
      20171008_131203.jpg
      2.5 MB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    My ver. software of 6.0.1, is it supposed to do PIP?

There are two kind of PIP in the app.

1. Native Android 8 PIP: play video in a small window in the background and you can switch to an another app.
    2. Classical PIP for all devices: play a TV channel in full screen and play a second one in a small window at same time.
    There are some exceptions in you log. Please try to restart your MPExtended PC.

Code:
    2017-10-08 13:12:03.58446 [               (19)] ERROR: TsBuffer: Some exception happened during refreshing the stream buffer
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.TsBuffer.RefreshTsBuffer() in C:\mp\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.StreamingService\Code\TsBuffer.cs:line 470
    2017-10-08 13:12:03.68549 [               (19)] ERROR: TsBuffer: Some exception happened during refreshing the stream buffer
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.TsBuffer.RefreshTsBuffer() in C:\mp\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.StreamingService\Code\TsBuffer.cs:line 470
    2017-10-08 13:12:03.78652 [               (19)] ERROR: TsBuffer: Some exception happened during refreshing the stream buffer
    2017-10-08 13:12:03.88756 [               (19)] ERROR: TsBuffer: Some exception happened during refreshing the stream buffer
    2017-10-08 13:12:03.98859 [               (19)] ERROR: TsBuffer: Failed to read TsBuffer after 10 tries

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom