[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (3 Viewers)

johnrosshunt

Portal Member
October 25, 2016
Chicago, IL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I've touble streaming using the external MX Player on both my phone and tablet. The log shows "Started Stream" immediately followed by "Called FinishStream".
The internal player works fine.
MX Player can stream RTSP from MP fine.
MX Player has the external codecs loaded and can play MP recordings in hw+ mode from the SD card.
I'm running MP 1.15.0
MPExtended 0.6.0-beta4
MPTvScheduler 20161030 1652

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi, I've touble streaming using the external MX Player on both my phone and tablet. The log shows "Started Stream" immediately followed by "Called FinishStream".
    The internal player works fine.
    MX Player can stream RTSP from MP fine.
    MX Player has the external codecs loaded and can play MP recordings in hw+ mode from the SD card.

Hi,

try to a ffmpeg based transcoding profile. Why do you want to use MX player? MX player does not support OSD and seeking.

johnrosshunt

Portal Member
    October 25, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    I have another question related to my previous one. Is there a profile that streams without transcoding? Or perhaps, only transcodes audio? The reason I ask is that ffmpeg is always running at 100% on my server whenever I stream a recording. This is the reason I wanted to use MX Player. It can play my MP recordings from the SD card without transcoding and I was hoping it could also stream from the server without transcoding. But, I can't get the MX Player to work with MPTvScheduler. I get a "can't play this link" error with MX. :(

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Is there a profile that streams without transcoding?

Try this xml. The file location is c:\ProgramData\MPExtended\. I enabled the direct stream for MX Player but you may try the ffmpeg profiles with internal player. I changed some transcoding settings in ffmpeg based profiles.

Attachments

• StreamingProfiles.xml
      36.4 KB

johnrosshunt

Portal Member
    October 25, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Try this xml. The file location is c:\ProgramData\MPExtended\. I enabled the direct stream for MX Player but you may try the ffmpeg profiles with internal player. I changed some transcoding settings in ffmpeg based profiles.

Thank you. Still no go with MX Player. Service.log had "Client called RetrieveStream() for non-existing identifier" error when using MX. I suspect it's because the direct profile is based on VLC, and none of those worked for me. So, I took your new StreamingProfiles.xml and created an ffmpeg profile that transcoded the audio portion only -- and, it worked wonderfully with the internal player! My server CPU usage dropped from 100% to 25%.

Now, what would be great is if the best profile could be selected automatically based on the media type and capabilities of the client. I'm sure that's something you could whip up on your coffee break. (y)

Also, comskip support would be nice. Subtitle support as well. :LOL:

Here's my changes. Now that I know how to modify the profiles directly, I'm off to the google play store to purchase the full version. Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Attachments

• StreamingProfiles.zip
      3.4 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    1.1.0 beta is available on Play.

New feature for premium users: picture in picture in internal player. Needs strong tvserver and android device.

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Schedules - Long press on item - (X) Delete.
    This takes a lot longer since you have to find the program under Schedules. It would be a lot easier to do this under TV Server Status since you can see everything in a quick glance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom