MTN.exe (1 Viewer)

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
mtn.exe crashes when I close MP & Microsoft want to send an error report. Can I disable mtn?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Disable thumb generation for tv recordings.

Even better: provide a bug report

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

have the same problem. it seems that mtn.exe is looking for some .ts files that are not existing. only the old .xml files are there.

27InchSony

Portal Member
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Rename It

I had the same problem when going to the Recorded TV screen. I renamed the mtn.exe to zzzzzmtn.exe within the filesystem (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer). Problem went away, but I'm not clear on what else it broke (if anything). I was unable to find a setting to do it the proper way. Seems like someone here would know what knob to turn.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Renaming mtn.exe won't cause any harm - the code has checks for that.

Configuration.exe (using Advanced Mode) has an option to "autocreate thumbs for recordings" in the general thumbs section. This is the setting you are searching for.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My system has recently started doing this - I think after Windows updates (no changes to MediaPortal). I don't really want to disable thumbnail generation if I can help it (it's quite useful on telly recordings), so is there a known cause of this? It happens pretty regularly so if logs will help I can generate some later and post them.

Rob

EDIT: Just found another post by rtv here that suggests it could be caused by a dodgy recording file somewhere - I'll have a look at the logs tonight and see if I can find out.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, sorted it - it was a dodgy recording file. It was actually very obvious in MediaPortal.log once I realised mtn.exe had something to do with MP. Deleted the offending file and all is happy again.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread