Music playback stops (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since upgrading to 1.4pre (and continuing with 1.4 final), the playback of music (apparently randomly) stops from time to time. Sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after hours. Not been successful to generate a logfile of this; at least in the error-logs nothing is shown. Anyone else experincing this issue?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No problems here, and we really need logs before we can do something.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know, I'd provide some of I could...
    Noticed that also series playback is affected.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Should be pretty easy: As soon as you encounter the issue, zip up your entire log folder and post it here. ;)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, yes. I tried to produce more meaningful logs by using the watchdog and looking in the standard logfiles myself. But as this is not successful - you're right, this should be the first approach. Will do so after this happens again.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can set the log level to "Debug" in configuration. This will produce larger log files but usually not a big deal (at least for a while). If the issue occurs you have proper logs. Please also note the time stamp of the PC clock as to when this happens, otherwise it is hard to find the offending issue.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I have set it to that as a default option :)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, at about 19:48 or 19:47, looking an episode via MPTVSeries suddenly stopped, the episode was then marked as watched.
    Logs from both HTPC and server (multiseat wsetup) attached. Anyone sees an issue?

hinuslinus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 12, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was having a problem with music playback stopping and I fixed it by turning off the new setting that was added in MediaPortal v1.4.0:
    General->Startup/Resume Settings->Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer

My MediaPortal.log led me to try this after seeing:
    [2013-06-27 21:41:07,623] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: The display is off
    [2013-06-27 21:41:08,223] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - GraphicContext: MP will render at 5 FPS, use animations = True
    [2013-06-27 21:41:10,032] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer AMD High Definition Audio Device removed
    [2013-06-27 21:41:10,038] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStopped()
    [2013-06-27 21:41:10,038] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RadioRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped Radio http://audio-ch1-t1-1.pandora.com/access/...
    [2013-06-27 21:41:10,047] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RadioRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped no recording found with filename http://audio-ch1-t1-1.pandora.com/access/...
    [2013-06-27 21:41:10,089] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TvRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped Radio http://audio-ch1-t1-1.pandora.com/access/...
    [2013-06-27 21:41:10,477] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: The display is on
    [2013-06-27 21:41:11,815] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer AMD High Definition Audio Device connected

The odd thing to me is that the display did NOT turn off. Music always stopped for me about 4 minutes or so after playing, whether that was via the Pandora plugin or standard audio playback. And the display never turned off, even though the log seemed to indicate that it did, causing the audio renderer to be removed and the new setting referenced above to stop playback.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was not aware of that option, thanks, I'll try that. MIght well be a solution, I was indeed havong some issues with my sound device (HDMI Handshake issues).
    But on the other hand, when this happens, Mediaportal will a) mark an episode as watched b) will not offer resume from stopping position. While the first is plugin related, the latter is not. SO, either this is not intentional behaviour or my problem is caused by something else.

Will report back if the issue is solved with disabling that option,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom