Music playlist broken (4 Viewers)

luckless.sucker

Portal Member
July 22, 2005
AC - Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
I don't know if it's still of importance, but i can reproduce this only with visualization enabled.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know if it's still of importance, but i can reproduce this only with visualization enabled.

I'm also able to reproduce this now without visualization ;)

CrossFading buffer set to 0 seems to trigger the issue.
    Might be related toPlayBackType.NORMAL (crossFadeIntervalMs = 100) and PlayBackType.GAPLESS (crossFadeIntervalMs = 200)
    GAPLESS seems to work.

jon_in_phx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I thought I should chime in since I've been a MediaPortal user for about a year and never contributed.

I too am having issues with music playlists running MP 1.4. My issues are similar to those described by luckless and roccon. Except in my case, every even# title in the playlist is skipped. The first title in the playlist plays flawlessly. A popup box, "Unable to play: <even # titles>" is displayed between songs.

The "NowPlaying" screen is a mess after the first song: "Artist Information", "Album Information", "Top Albums/Tags" and "Lyrics" info is not displayed for any subsequent songs after the first.

Other mentions:
    1) Eveything worked fine under MP 1.3.
    2) Running Win_7, Titan Extended.
    3) I've never used visualisation.
    4) I've always downloaded the TV component, but I've never configured TV.
    5) The problem occures when playback engine is configured as BASS or WASAPI. Music works fine when playback engine is Internal DSHOW.
    6) All music files are .mp3, .mp4, or .m4a. All music files are on local drives.
    7) Today tried setting Cross-fading from zero to one second. It seems to magically clean up most if not all issues when playback engine is BASS.

I've attached two Watchdog logs, both with first option "Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal" selected. The first log is 15_09 when Crossfading equals zero, and ends after second song "For What It's Worth" is skipped. The second log is 15_14 when Crossfading equals one second, and ends soon after second song "For What It's Worth" starts playing.

Regards,
    Jon

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    7) Today tried setting Cross-fading from zero to one second. It seems to magically clean up most if not all issues when playback engine is BASS.

TNX for the confirm on this Jon ;)

So far we've got this CrossFading buffer registered as a bug:
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4076

If anybody is still experiencing issues, after setting a bigger buffer size then 0, please let us know.

Other (potential) causes are visualisation (disable and re-test if you use it) and using the option in MP Config -> GUI -> Enable File Existense Cache (disable and re-test if you use this).

Last edited:

1james2345

Portal Member
    September 25, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I too have been having this problem. It's only started recently though. I use the wasapi player with no visualisations and when I try to play an album it would play the 1st track then it would skip 1 or 2 tracks saying it was unable to play them. I've managed to get it to play a full album, without skipping any tracks by setting (I think it's called) the fading crossover to .20. This way I hardly have any crossover (like a cheap DJ), but now have a different problem. Some tracks now stutter, only briefly, like a scratch on a CD!

I don't understand it because everything was working fine a week ago. I haven't changed anything, it's just stopped working!

Regards,
    James.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1james2345,
    Please post your logs after reproducing the issue and post them here. Easiest way is to use the MediaPortal Debug-mode option from your start menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom