My MPlayer (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately MP doesn't start the MPlayer external player. This is why you see the box. The external player plugin is found, but doesn't used. I have tried the url here and MPlayer is started. Unfortunately there is a bug and my plugin adds the path of the playlist in front of the url. I will fix this when I have time to fix all found problems in the plugin.

My problem is that my time is very limited at the moment and there are still some things to do for MP 1.0. :sorry:

MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should not use the 0.2.3 version during setup. The plugin is still working, but has some issues, that I'm going to fix when my task for MP 1.0 are finishe.

MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    It's been a long time that I released a new version of the plugin. But there were many tasks for me in the TvServer. But finally I found the time to update My MPlayer for the latest release, included new skin files for Blue3 and XFace and probably fixed all known bugs.

I also improved the Vista support. The volume can now be controlled from within MP. If you use the commandline version of MPlayer, you now able to use the plugin with Aero enabled. You just have to use the OpenGL(2) video output driver. The downside is that the OpenGL(2) video output driver of MPlayer doesn't support multiple-displays.

If you encounter any bugs, please report them here and include the logs. :D

The new version will be available on the homepage, when high has approved it.

Best regards,
    MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPlayer can't be used for live TV from TVServer in MP. The reason is that MP always uses it's own internal player rtsp streams.

The only way is to start timeshifting in SetupTV and than enter the URL of this stream in GUI Plugin of My MPlayer. But I should mention that the ts streams of TvServer and MPlayer aren't fully working.

MisterD

Anthraxdk

Portal Member
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey there.. Great plugin.. just started to use MediaPortal again after I have been using XBMC for a loooong time since the TV-support is not quite good there and some other stuff (loong story).. well the thing is that I love the mplayer-plugin and it is a great job you have done working on and and great that you still keep on doing it .. Well I have a few questions :)

*Is is possible to make use of the "back" -key to go up a folderlevel instead of doing an exit of the plugin "and going back to the MediaPortal main menu" ..
    *And when you go back (or up a level) then it would be a cool feature if it was marked on the last folder instead of going to the top of the folder-listings (hope you know what I mean =) )..

*Is it possible to have a menu like in normal Videos-view in MP where you can add to playlist and so on.. Implent the features of normal MP behaviour into this plugin...

*Would it be possible to use this as a standart for playback of certain videotypes instead of the internal player when you browse and start the videos in the "normal" My Videos menu?..

*Would it be possible to implent the Mplayer Gui-menu into the Basic Home Screen instead of the regular My Videos?

Sorry to bug with all those questions but I am quite a n00b when it comes to MP and dunno if some of those things are implented already or just some setup in MP that has to be done .. :)

-Anthraxdk

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the mplayer gui plugin will never be a fully replacement of the normal video plugin, because this is to much work for me.

*Is is possible to make use of the "back" -key to go up a folderlevel instead of doing an exit of the plugin "and going back to the MediaPortal main menu" ..
    Currently it is not possible, because personally I don't like the other way.

*And when you go back (or up a level) then it would be a cool feature if it was marked on the last folder instead of going to the top of the folder-listings (hope you know what I mean =) )..
    Indeed it would be cool, but it isn't easy to realize that in current MP code.

*Is it possible to have a menu like in normal Videos-view in MP where you can add to playlist and so on.. Implent the features of normal MP behaviour into this plugin...
    It is possible, but as laready mentioned I have no intention to do this.

*Would it be possible to use this as a standart for playback of certain videotypes instead of the internal player when you browse and start the videos in the "normal" My Videos menu?..
    This is also possible. Just go into the configuration of the external player plugin and select "External player use" for the desired extensions. Than MP will use MPlayer for those extension. But there are some exclusions for this rule: DVD playback, RTSP playback, playback of .ts files.

*Would it be possible to implent the Mplayer Gui-menu into the Basic Home Screen instead of the regular My Videos?
    Therefor you have to edit the BasicHome.xml of the used skin. You have to change the hyperlink of the MyVideo window id (6) to the MPlayer window id (9533).

MisterD

seba

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2006
    Belgrade
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    Great work MisterD,
    Just one thing is bugging me:
    in the cmd line of the mplayer process options "-subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-osd-scale 3" are specified as "?subfont-text-scale 3 ?subfont-osd-scale 3" is it just me or does anyone else have that. This is annoying because I can't set sub options correctly.

And it would be grate if you can make (add) gui/config support for ssa/ass subtitles.

I tracked down the error to this file ConfigurationManager.cs apparently:
    723 if (_subtitleSize != 5)
    724 {
    725 arguments.Append("−subfont-text-scale " + _subtitleSize + " ");
    726 arguments.Append("−subfont-osd-scale " + _subtitleSize + " ");
    727 }
    dashes at line 725 and 726 are not proper dashes, when I view the file as ansi I get garbage and when I view it as utf it looks OK, my guess is that someone used different keyboard layout for those chars. I would be great if you can fix it.

Seba

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom