My Pictures also includes videos. (1 Viewer)

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Vienna/Austria
Home Country
Poland Poland
HI,
I just tested MyPictures plug-in with MP1 Final, but as mentioned it doesn't work.
Who can update this plug-in?

Kiwi

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Pukerua Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Broken

Cant recall whether this was broken in 1.0 final, but sure is on the latest SVN 21306. Appears to have something to do with the latest directx update. Logs attached.
This is a really good modification to the standard pictures and I'd hate to see it go.

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
i am also very intersted in this. It just goes back to home when I try to start the new My Pictures. I will subscribe and hope for a fix soon. Thanks for all your help and work.

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi together,

anay news here? Iit would be perfect if we have a solution here!!!

Thanks!

Juro

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just put together a new version of this plugin.
    There were some exceptions because the codebase has changed a lot since i developed this plugin.
    Attached you find the new version which - unfortunately is far from perfect.
    The are played nicely during a slide and it also switches nicely between videos and pictures in a slideshow but currently there are some bugs:
    - when you just click on a video (without slideshow) it won't show up
    - if you hit "back" while in a video the screen goes blank, because it switches to the GUISlideShow screen and not to the Pictures window (have to modify the escape handling)
    - when a video is playing and you are in the normal list screen and try to open a picture it won't show

But nevertheless this is at least a start :)
    Please report all your findings as precise as possible so it's easier for me to fix them ;)

:D

CORRECTION - Just uploaded a new version (V2)

The only left bug is that a video won't play if you just click on it.
    During a slideshow or if you click on a picture and press <cursor right> until you reach the video it also plays.
    So stay tuned, i am working on it :D

Attachments

• MyPictures V2.rar
      23.1 KB

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, does it work for you, do you encounter any bugs other than the one i already listed?

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just tried it, just a few thoughts. Exept for what you mentioned, you cant start by pressing the movie, but also when the movie has done playing in slideshow-mode it goes back to the folder. It would be better if it showed the next video/picture after stoping instead. But not that irritating except for now because now I cant play the second movie if there is three movies after each other.

Also there is no sound. I played .mov files recored with a normal digital camera. I use SAF (for MP) and had first no sound, but then installed Medialook QuickTime Source DirectShow Filter, as suggested in the SAF-thread, and now it works perfectly :) . Also no thumbnails for the movies, but that doesn't matter.

Oh btw, I use 1.0.2 with Black and White 1080 v2. So far it still looks very good! Just would like it to play the next video/image when the movie has stopped playing. And that bugg with not beeing able to start the movie by pressing it.

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi gemx
    Thanks a million for updating this:D
    I get the same results as bt86bt and yourself

No thumbnail but no big deal

When in slideshow mode, at the end of the movie it stops the slideshow and goes back to the menu, ideally it would continue onto the next picture. Same result when your just scrolling (in fullscreen) using right button - it plays perfectly but then drops back to menu at the end of the movie.

But apart from those items it works great. Fantastic progress, IMO this should be standard in MyPictures :D
    Thanks again

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI togehter.

many thanks to gemx. I have the same results like kiwi and bt86bt. It would be grat if slideshow would go on with the next picture.

Where can we recommend things for the standard?

Regards
    Juro

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom