My TV Channel List (1 Viewer)

samedney

Portal Member
November 9, 2004
Oxford, UK
It would be nice to be able to see a channel list when in My TV, so that I can jump to a specific channel without having to move through all the other channels in between first (using the up / down).

Sam

samedney

Portal Member
November 9, 2004
Oxford, UK
It would be good if you could click a "Select Channel" button, on the My TV page, and would get a (scrollable if required) pop up vertical menu of your TV channels.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I like this idea but I was perhaps thinking when in MyTv pressing the "DVD Menu" on the remote would bring up a 3x3 grid or similar with the channel icons in there that you just move to and press ok.

Another thing would be to get rid of the Card selector (ie card1,card2 etc) and just assign the channel to that specific card(s). So you would only select the channel and it would switch to the appropriate card automatically. Useful for people with 2 or more cards.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Maybe something like this? (could do more rows + columns if needed for people with lots of channels)

tv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.30.0 Channel 5 missing DE
    Glad I could have been of assistance.
    Glad I could have been of assistance.
    Is anyone else having a problem with Channel 5? Until recently it was fine but I have just discovered that I can no longer view...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
    Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
    Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom