MY Videos rework for MP 1.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi , some update on testing of new version .... with new installer , work rally good , find all my movies and fast no more issue with director name not view , so many new info abut movies ,2 trailers web's link, and the actor/crew info is just great ... love it ...:) , (thanks Deda)

Cannot Wait to see Catavolt work his magic on a new skin file's for all new My Videos 1.3.0 ...;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, Deda,
    When, do you think to include support for nfo file?

thx

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    this is a great idea!
    bundle in the mytvseries and movingpictures plugins into the myvideos core plugin!
    would there be functions for sharing info of your movie collections as those plugins can do it (see below sig)

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In MyVideo or later in MediaPortal 2 I would love to have something like in XBMC where you have your Folders for videos and for every folder you are able to define if there are Movies, Series, MusicVideos or standard videos in it. Then you can define the scrapper for every single folder.

Another cool thing from XBMC is merging of folders to one virtual folder which means:

You have the following folders

Folder A/Moviefolder 1/Movie1.ext
    Folder A/Moviefolder 2/Movie2.ext
    Folder A/Moviefolder 3/Movie3.ext

Folder B/Moviefolder 1/Movie1.ext
    Folder B/Moviefolder 4/Movie4.ext
    Folder B/Moviefolder 5/Movie5.ext

And you get the following folder in MediaPortal:

Movies/Moviefolder 1/Movie1.ext
    Movies/Moviefolder 2/Movie2.ext
    Movies/Moviefolder 3/Movie3.ext
    Movies/Moviefolder 1/Movie1.ext
    Movies/Moviefolder 4/Movie4.ext
    Movies/Moviefolder 5/Movie5.ext

So you can merge multiple folders in one folder in the GUI which can be scrapped and you don't have to know in which folder on your 5 hard drives is one specific video. :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Some great ideas here, but let's not lose focus on the purpose of this section of the forum. The purpose is for you to test the new version and report back on whether it works as intended or whether there are problems.

If we don't get enough responses, there is a good chance that these enhancements will not be included in MediaPortal 1.3, which would be a huge shame.

Mark

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So you can merge multiple folders in one folder in the GUI which can be scrapped and you don't have to know in which folder on your 5 hard drives is one specific video

If you are viewing as shares, then yes you get multiple folders, I view by Title and then you go straight to all movies list.

ps. works a treat on my Win7 pc, but will not install on XPsp3, not found out why yet, as had a older version running fine there, but suspect Visual C++ 2010 update missing, thought MP downloaded and installed this, but could be wrong.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    New download link version on 1st page

Hi Deda , thank you for all the work and new test version ..... if i click the new link i get this massege "Authorization Required" please chack ?? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread